iii. Bad Luck Charm.

Vol I,         Chapter III

IT wasn't uncommon for Richie to find humour in the seriousness of situations. Nothing seemed to stop him from blurting out a sound of amusement. Not even his father's warning gaze or the tightening of his lips could keep the blondish adolescent quiet ─ or in this case, the cold yet confused stare of the raven-haired rich girl facing him. 

           "So," he fakes a sigh, "I guess you can add almost killing me to the list."

          "List?" Jackie queries, incredulously. "What list?

Already feeling like strangling the entertained boy with her bare, dainty hands, Jackie observes as he lays there on the couch, clearly enjoying the attention and babying he was receiving from both his mother and the guilt-stricken girl opposite him. 

         "You know," Richie smirks, "Things you're sorry for. Puking on me, blacking out, trying to kill me." He counts with his fingers. He snuggles his head further into the soft pillow, his airy tone filled with signs of feigned speculation. "I'm starting to think you don't like me very much."

        "Oh, stop talking." Jackie quips. She pushes him by his shoulder, causing his lips to part in feigned shock.

       "There you go, again." He gasps, gesturing towards his clothed arm. 

Jackie rolls her eyes, again, for what feels like the 50th time in the teenager's presence. She barely knew much about the blondish boy, yet it's safe to say his boyish and childish ways managed to frustrate her. After referring to her as his bad luck charm, the raven-haired girl went on a rampage on why exactly she was anything but bad luck ─ first and foremost, commencing with her heavenly looks, to which Richie didn't bother arguing against. He simply gazed back at the girl he barely knew anything about, finding amusement in the sudden urge of passion that surged through her body. 

       "OK, let's get straight to the point."Jackie starts, waving her manicured fingers around, "I'm sorry. So, you forgive me. Right?"

       Richie tilts his head sideways. His lips are pursed together in thought, barely meeting her gaze as he stares teasingly off into the distance. "Do I forgive you?" He echoes, tapping his forefinger against his chin daringly. "Gee, I don't know, should I?"