Chapter Six

“I love you,” Ringo spoke, looking at the younger lad on his bed lovingly.

  George was silent, looking down at his hands. He eventually look up and spoke wisely. “You don’t love me.”

  “But I do.”

  “We just met a few days ago,” George sighed. “How can you love me?”

  “I’ve known I loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you.”

  “The very moment?”

  “The very moment. I knew we connected as more than just mates. The second you started playing, my heart felt things it’s never felt before. And then we talked, and… well… I realized I did love you, and it wasn’t just a trick of the eye.”

  “When I first saw you, my heart sped up,” George admitted.

  “Same here. I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. You were just too perfect. And now, being here with you… I’m realizing that I want to spend all my life with you.”

  “We’ve only just met, Ringo.”

  “That makes it more exciting.”

  George sighed. “I may not have ever been in love, but I know what love is. You can’t just do the old in-out and declare that you love them. You have to spend time together, bonding and getting to know each other. You have to be willing to grow old with them, not wanting to ever leave their side. You have to want to be by their side every night, Ringo. We just met. How can you know all of that already?”

  “I just know.”

  “You ‘just know?’”

  “I do.”

  “How?”

  “Because what just happened… between us… it was, well… beautiful.”

  “Beautiful?”

  “It really was. And I want every night to be like that.”

  “But I don’t know if I’m queer, Ringo. What if I’m not? What if what just happened was just a little experience? Hell, I’m still attracted to birds. I don’t know what being with them is like. What if I like it more?”

  “Trust me. You won’t miss it.”

  “How do you know.”

  “Tits are overrated. So is sex with them. It’s not as satisfying as loving another man. Doesn’t it sound better to be able to be with another man intimately? Someone who knows how to do everything, because they have it? They’re more experienced. They know just where to touch you, just where to feel you. They know how to treat you right.”

  “That sounds wonderful, it really does… but I just don’t know.”

  “I love you, George. Can’t you see that?”

  “You loving me isn’t going to change how I feel. I want to be with you, but at the same time, my mind is telling me it’s wrong.”

  “Just ignore it then, luv. Just do what your heart wants.”

 “But I don’t know what my heart wants. It’s pulling me in every direction, I don’t know which way to go.”

  “Then just let it pull you.”

  “How do I let it?”

  “Just relax. You’ll be able to be at peace that way. Find what your heart truly desires.”

  George closed his eyes, relaxing his muscles. Ringo climbed on top of him and began kissing him only on the lips, truly connected once again. As their lips met, Ringo felt sparks shoot throughout his entire body. At that very moment, he realized that no matter what happened, he wanted to be with George through thick and thin. He wanted George, and all of him. It didn’t matter what the world around them thought. He wanted George to himself.

  As he pulled away, Ringo smiled. He climbed off and George and went back to lying down on the bed beside him, staring into the younger lad’s eyes tenderly.

  “Ringo, I don’t know…”

  “Then take your time. I can wait.”

  “But I don’t know if I even need someone.”

  “Well, if you needed someone, who would it be?”

  “I dunno, Ringo. If I needed someone to love, I guess… you’re the one I’d be thinking of.”

  Ringo’s heart sped up, his smile stretching wider.

  “If I had time to spend, I guess it would be with you. If you came some other day, it might not have been this way, but now… now I’m too much in love. I can’t quit you, Ringo.”

  “I can’t quit you either, George.” Smiling once more, he pecked George on the lips. “I want us to be together. Like this, only every night. I don’t care what they say.”

  “We’re young, Ringo, maybe we should give it some more time.”

  Ringo sighed. “I guess so. But that doesn’t mean that we should stop this.”

  “No, we can’t possibly stop this now. It feels too good.”

  Ringo chuckled. “I agree.”

  “I love you, Rings. As much as I know about love, I want to give to you.”

  “Loving another like this is a beautiful thing, isn’t it?”

  “It really is.” George sighed, snapping back into reality. “Do you think they’ll come looking for us?”

  “I hope not. But even if they do, they’ll find us here. You in my arms. Then they’ll know, that this is love.”

  “I sure hope so. But what if they think it’s wrong?”

  “Well we don’t have to tell them about us, if you don’t want to. I’m fine with whatever option.”

  “I think we should keep quiet for now.”

  “I agree.”

  “It might be a little odd for them to find out two of their mates who’ve just met are going steady.”

  Ringo’s heart sped up. Going steady? “Mm-hmm.”

  “I think we should get up. Go down see the others. Convince them we weren’t just shagging.”

  Ringo chuckled. “Making love, George. Remember.”

  “Ah. Making love.” George smiled crawling out of bed and redressing himself. “Who knows, Ritch? Maybe John’ll kick Pete out and let you in the band.”

  “Haha, maybe. Tomorrow never knows.”

  George smiled and grasped Ringo’s hand. “No matter what happens, we’ll make it through, alright?”

  “Alright. I love you George, okay? Never forget.”

  “I love you, too. Oh, and Ringo?”

  “Yes?”

  “If I needed someone… it would always be you.”

  Ringo turned to George and smiled. They made their way back downstairs, happy to finally be together. And most importantly, happy they finally found someone to love.