Chapter One: The Dare... well sorta

It was a typical day at Houston High School. Abigail and her friends were walking through the chaotic hallways, trying to not get shoved around. It was the last day of school, and no one was looking forward to it more than Jason. It was finally time to tell Abigail about how much he loved her. And he had a whole 8 weeks to prove it! 

He was so lost in thought, that he didn't notice Avery, the school's biggest bully, heading towards the group of friends, her minions trailing behind her. 

Jason's Pov:

"Why hello, losers" Avery's slick voice said discusted. 

"Hi Avery" we all chime in, sadly. 

"Ok  little freaks, its time for the dare of the day, and this time, no escapeing." Avery says, in her "no backing out" tone of voice. 

Dare of the day was a segment that happened every morning, when Avery would give them a horrible Dare to do. Like for example; one day she dared Jason to go running around the school screaming "school lunches are the worst" even though everyone knew that lunch was his favorite "subject". Another time; she dared Mary to go and talk to the first person that she saw that she didn't know. Sometimes she would let them get away without doing the dare of the day, but this time, it was a big fat NO. 

"Yes Avery" we say obediently. 

"Ok today's dare of the day is....." 

"Posponed, until later" Vice Princepal Neil says, popping out of nowhere. 

"Ah!" Screams Abigail. "I told you to please stop doing that!" 

Oh, Abigail screams so 

Avery laughs, when she does, her laughs sound like a dieing goat. 

"Come on, lets go somewhere else." she says to her little "Minions" when she's done laughing. 

Vice Prinsipal Neil gives us a "pep talk" about how we should stand up for the group, and then goes back to doing his work. 

"Whew that was close! At least we escaped the dare of the day... for now." Mary says, quietly. 

And the friends couldn't agree more as they walked to first period.