_6_

Dea is dancing with Sunoo, Dallia, Ni-ki and Heeseung. It is Halloween and they're at Heeseung's. Yoonah, Sunghoon and Jake are talking with each other while drinking their drinks. There are many people here from school and from Heeseung's university.

Dea's eyes wonder around and she spots Jay. He's standing alone sipping his drink. Dea notices that he seems sad and approaches him.
'I'm guessing you're not enjoying the party.' She says as she stands next to him and leans on the bar table.
'Who says I don't?' Says Jay. Dea notices that he's a little tipsy.
'What you been drinking?' She asks.
'I found vodka.' He says.
'Oh my god. Okay let's get you washed up and find you something to eat. I can't let you get wasted.' She grabs his wrist and pulls him to the bathroom.
'Go on, wash your face. Don't worry I'll hold your drink.' She says. Jay obeys.

After washing his face he walks to the bathtub and tries to get in.
'What are you doing?' Dea asks.
'I-I swear to god you're dumb. I'm trying t-to get into the bathtub o-obviously.' Jay says hiccuping.
'Stupid question, I admit it but why?'
'Why n-not!' He hiccups and manages to get in with Dea's help. He lays down in the bathtub.
'Okay stay here. I'll bring something to eat.' Dea says and leaves.

She comes back with a bag of chips and Oreos.
'I couldn't find something normal to eat.' She says giving the bag of chips to Jay.
'Thank you.' He says. 'But I want to get wasted.'
'Not gonna let you.' Dea says and sits on the floor next to the bathtub.
'Why do you care?' Dea shrugges.
'Why do you want to get drunk?' She asks.
'Messed up family.' Jay says and Dea chuckles.
'You're not the only one with that. Should I get wasted too?' She says.
'Depends on how messed up is your family. Tell me Dea how messed up?' Jay says.
'I would like to hear you first.' Dea says opening the bag of Oreos.
'After you.' He says opening the chips and starting to eat.

'My dad's never home and doesn't know anything about me. He was surprised I'm a senior.' Dea says.
'Can relate to that.' Jay says.
'It gets worse, he has forgotten my birthday three years in a row.'
'Ouch!' Exclaims Jay.
'Yup.' Dea stuffs her mouth with oreos. Jay takes a sip of his drink. 'My mom is not an angel either. One moment she's sweet and caring, the next moment she's screaming at me for no apparent reason. Every time I think I'm used to her insults, she surprises me with new ones. For her I'm just an ungrateful child who is not good enough at anything. She constantly judges my body and what I do. I can't be myself around her. She's an expert at psychological torture.'

'Does she get physical?' Jay asks.
'She did ones, but she realized soon after and stopped. She pretends like it never happened.'
'The third door on the right.' Jay says.
'What?'
'It's Heeseung's room. He has a mini fridge where he keeps some drinks.'
'I didn't say I'm gonna get wasted.' Dea says.
'But you should.' Jay says. Dea stands up and goes to the door.
'I'm gonna drink but not gonna get wasted.' She says as she enters with two bottles of soju.

'So tell me about your family.' Says Dea as she sits down next to the bathtub. She gives one of the bottles to Jay and opens the next one. Jay pulls up his shirt. Dea's eyes widen then she closes them. 'What are you doing?' She says.
'Just look.' He says and Dea opens her eyes to see bruises all over his stomach. Dea opens her mouth in shock.
'My dad's work.' He says as he pulls his shirt down. Jay and Dea make eye contact.
'I-i...' Dea stutters.
'You don't have to say anything.' Jay says and gives a sad smile.
'I'm sorry for forcing you to tell.'
'You didn't, Dea.'
'If you want to talk about it, I'll listen.' Dea says and gives a sad smile back.
'Thanks.' Jay says and sips from the bottle so does Dea.