5. The exchange of numbers

It's the next day, I have had, the best nights sleep. I go in to check the clock, but before I can hailey barges in from the bathroom with a towel around her. It looks like she just got out from the shower because her blonde hair looked brown.

"y/n Its 3 pm its time to wake up!"

"What?!"

I finally check the clock as I intended to. It really is 3! I jump up still tired.

"Wait, why do I need to wake up right now.."

"Because we leave at 4!!"

"Oh yeah! Crap!" I jump up and go into the bathroom after grabbing the bag with my outfit in it. I set the bag down on the sink, lock the door, strip down to take a shower.

After the shower I dried my hair with a blow dryer and got dressed in my outfit. I looked at myself in the mirror. I put on the last touch which was the choker. The choker was leather and spiked with chains forming loops at the bottom of it. I had on fishnet arm bands and a black shirt that was just showing about 4 inches of my stomach. Under the shirt as suspenders linking to a thick black belt with a big metal belt buckle. The belt was wrapped around a skirt that was about a little shorter than medium length. I was wearing spandex shorts and thigh high black socks with converse.

I then attached the chain wallet and called it perfect. I walked out of the bathroom with my freshly dried hair and awaited hailey's reaction. She then walked in, and gasped.

"Oh, my, god... You look amazing!" She shouted. She was also changed into her outfit with her hair already braided.

"You do too! But it's not like we are going to a dance or anything, it's just a bar."

"I dont care now, come over here and let me do your hair!"

I obeyed and sat on the couch.

She put my hair into a ponytail with half of my hair down. Then she curled it and straightened it so the curls seemed natural.

I checked the time. It was 3:45

"We have to go, now." I implied.

"Okay!"

I grabbed the keys, my wallet, and headed out with hailey behind me.

By the time we had got to the bar, the sun had just began to set. I looked at the building.

"You didn't tell me this was a club! I cant dance!"

"I don't tell you a lot of things..."

"Why?! I thought I was your best friend!"

"You are. Chill. Lets just go and get some drinks. Its a club and a bar."

"Okay..."

I look at all of the people lined up. Im glad we got here early. Any earlier and we would have to wait an hour.

The wait was only about 10 minutes and more people arrived each second.

"Ay! Wait. I'm gonna need some ID. You girls look way too young."

"Aw thank you!' hailey said as she hands him her ID.

"Okay, you're 22. You can go in." She goes in and waits for me by the door.

"Here." I hand him my ID.

"Okay, you're 21. You can go."

I walk in and meet up with hailey. Then I drag her to the bar.

"Geez, you're that needy for alcohol-" She says while being dragged.

I sit on a stool and tell the bartender to give me a round of jack daniels. He handed me my drink and hailey went off somewhere. I tried looking for her but suddenly the bartender told me,

"The round of drinks will be $23.41"

I get out my wallet and someone sits on the stool next to me.

"I'll pay for her drink." I heard the voice next to me say. Without looking up still looking for my wallet I said casually,

"No no, I can pay for my own drinks" I look up and its the mystery guy from the cafe! My face suddenly goes red.

"I like your accent" He said to me while handing the bartender money.

"i-I Uh- thank you-" I stutter the words.

"You sound like someone i've met on VR chat."

"Is that so..?" I reply

"Yeah, she said she was scottish, so is that what you are?"

"Uh- Aye! I am scottish,"

"That's unique."

My face, still red, looks over at hailey. She surprisingly was dancing with other girls and not other guys. I didn't think twice about it when the mystery man told me his name.

"My name is Gaege,"

"Oh- uh- That's a nice name, Mines y/n"

"Such a gorgeous name for a scottish girl,"

"Eh- I wouldn't say that twice,"

I started warming up to him, like he was my friend and I wasn't interested in him at all and we've met for the first time becoming friends.

"You really didn't have to play for my drink."

"Yeah, but I wanted to."

"I can't argue with that," I take the first shot.

I look over at hailey again. Still dancing with the girls and not any guys. She's not drunk, we've only been here for a couple minutes and she hasn't come to the bar yet. I hear her scream.

"I spilled my margarita!" Okay, maybe the girls bought her drink for her. She's already making new friends... Im happy for her.

"So, y/n, got anything planned lately? I would like to get to know you more."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you seem like an interesting person."

"Oh uh, No I don't have anything planned, I am leaving america in a month to go back to scotland, but I think that's all"

"Oh, so you don't live here? You speak english so I just thought,"

"Oh! No no I don't live here, I don't speak scottish galeic because my father was English, My mother was scottish and she wanted me to learn both just in case people in scotland speak more english than galeic. And More people know more english so that worked out for me, am I right?"

He let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, I guess you are."

A couple hours passed and me and Gaege became great friends. Hailey was still hanging out and dancing with the girls and I gave him my number so we could talk more. We said our goodbyes and I didnt look over at Hailey for a while because it did not concern me.

"Hey, is that your friend over there?" the bartender asked me

"Uh what?" I looked over at where he was pointing and Hailey passed out on the floor.