THREE ━━ TASK FORCE X

ACT ONE       DEATH BY NUMBERS
CHAPTER THREE    TASK FORCE X

ACT ONE       DEATH BY NUMBERSCHAPTER THREE    TASK FORCE X

"DOES HE ALWAYS SHOUT THIS MUCH?" asks Ros from behind the screen of a window. Her gaze narrows as she observes the man named 'Bloodsport,' who only a moments ago was screaming with his arms flailed like an infant. He's with Waller in a tiny ass surveillance room, which so happened to be filled with pens (the kind you can stab people in the neck with apparently, John Wick style).

     "Dude, Waller threatened to put his kid in prison," an employee speaks up from behind her. Ros hasn't cared to learn their name but it's probably something generic anyway.

     Her eyebrows raise briefly, "He doesn't have to be such a pussy about it."

     "You're sick."

     "And you have three pasta stains on your tie. We can't all be perfect," she emits a quiet scoff as the employee slowly walks away after realising that there is, in fact, three penne-shaped stains scattered across their tie.

     The pen at Amanda's throat falls, which surprises her. Rather, it disappoints her actually. Robert Dubois is likely the only man in years to get so close at murdering the overlord of Belle Reve, but it took more than physical to kill and maybe Dubois didn't know that yet—Amanda Waller wore trump cards like knight armour, and manipulation like a heart on her sleeve—it took more than blood and guts to end her reign. Ros envies her for it.

     Amanda and a seething Dubois emerge from the glass doors, "Dubois, this is Colonel Ros Powers. She will be your second on the ground but this does not give you any incentive to ignore her orders. Are we clear?"

     "Sheesh, Waller. If you always talk like that I might think you actually respect me."

     Amanda casts her a dirty look as Dubois gives her a onceover. "You ain't Soulsucker?" his brows furrow.

     "I am, but I'm laying off this mission a bit if that's alright with you?" she grins lopsidedly.

     As they pass through an iron door, the ground shifts to diamond plating. It looks over the men's cells until they make a stop. "Each member of the team is chosen for their own completely unique set of abilities. This is Christopher Smith, known as Peacemaker."

     Ros inwardly cringes, "What's up, Die Hard?"

     Peacemaker blinks.

     "Is he braindead or something. . ." she says, looking at Dubois who shrugs lazily.