FOUR ━━ BEACH EPISODE

ACT ONE       DEATH BY NUMBERS
CHAPTER FOUR   BEACH EPISODE

ACT ONE       DEATH BY NUMBERSCHAPTER FOUR   BEACH EPISODE

THE SOUND OF ROS SHRIEKING breaks the flow of their intimidating scene introduction (apologies to James Gunn) as they make a painfully slow walk out of the Corto Maltese shoreline. It's not her fault though, what else is someone supposed to do in a life threatening situation such as this?

     "There's seaweed wrapping around my legs!" she cries. Her left leg, as accurately described, has a green coil around it; the more she shimmies her limb to get it off, the further it attaches itself.

     For the briefest moment, Team 2 looks back to her in alarm: guns, claws, polka dots and weird rat-caller-machines drawn and ready to obliterate her attacker. "And here I thought it was going to be something serious," Peacemaker scoffs.

     As quick as their weapons draw, they fall.

     Ros scowls, "Seaweed is serious! My apologies for not wanting to smell of ass crack all the time, but I bet that's something you're used to." Her scowl melts away when she notices Nanaue carefully untangling the seaweed for her. "Aw, thanks bud."

     The rest seem to scoff and continue a path up the beach. Ros gives the shark a smile once the seaweed is safely removed, and he tries to reciprocate the gesture but his smile is filled with teeth and gum and a hell of a lot more menacing. She appreciates his kindness either way.

     On their short trek to the trees, they're set on edge again when the echo of an explosion pulses through the air. The sand trembling beneath her is enough to have Ros' hand clutching the grip of her rifle. Her thoughts are taken up by something, or rather, someone too.

     "Control, we have a disturbance of here," Bloodsport says to the bud in his ear. Ros sighs, no doubt it's Waller lying to him about the existence of another team on the other side of the beach. They'll probably kick her ass for not telling them about that later. It's almost like Waller wants to keep everyone in the dark and under her control (almost).

     And of course, Peacemaker and Bloodsport are already at each other's throats. "How we getting in? Especially with Charlie the Tuna over here," says Peacemaker, his left hand pointing to Nanaue behind them.

     "How the hell am I supposed to know?" Bloodsport replies with a tone of disinterest.

     "You're the leader. You're supposed to be decisive."