Chapter Two

I woke up again and today was the day I dreaded the most. I had to travel to my father's house. I was already full of tears because of the dream I had last night. I just cannot believe he's really gone.

I got out the bed and went to hop in the shower. The warm water soothe my body and I enjoyed it. I washed my hair and under the water I stood there dreading to come out but I knew I had to. I put my hair in a bun and got dressed. I walked down stairs to the kitchen but I didn't eat anything, I just didn't have a reliable appetite. I had to make it there and clean everything out so I called my boyfriend Eric if I didn't mention it earlier my bad.

The phone rung and it went to voicemail. Okay that was a first for me. So anyways, I got ready to go and grabbed the trash bags and got in my car to drive there and on the way I had to stop by Starbucks to get my favorite because I was going to need it.

At My Father's House

When I get to the house, the house was still the same. Decked out furniture, a big ass library, the kitchen had a few dishes in it only because I haven't been here since he had passed away. And now was the moment, the hardest moment of my life to clean his house.

Ugh I hate this!

One Hour Later..

I was able to pack most of his things in my truck and put some of the furniture in a local storage area but the hardest working women get the tougher jobs.

I got down to the basement only to find boxes of old pictures of us as a family. Old school year books and some of his most prized possessions. I found maps and books about geography and pictures of the places he been to around the world. I had tears in my eyes when I found a picture of me and him when I was a baby. He was holding me and he had the biggest smile I ever seen.

My tears just fell immediately. I just couldn't imagine life without him and now I realized that I was holding in most of my feelings when I should have been letting them out. So I did.

I hollered and screamed out loud. My tears flooded my face, I was on my knees holding the picture to my chest, rocking back and forth. I just want to hug him and tell him how much I love and miss him again.

After about thirty minutes I kept grabbing things, throwing things away and putting things in bags. I was just about to finish up when I seen something I didn't recognize. There was a bookshelf in a nearby corner.

'How the hell he get this in here?' I thought.

The bookshelf had weird looking books that I have never seen before and when I removed most of the books, there was one book that was just a little to heavy but I was able to pick it up and put it in a box. Curiosity kills because I when I dropped the book it made a weird noise. I went back to the book shelf only to realize that there was one more book...

The book wouldn't budge when I went to grab it. It just stayed put then my phone had rung. It was Eric.

"Hey sweetie!" He said.

"Hey where are you?" I asked

"Oh I just called because I was trying to find you. I knocked on your door and been sitting in the car. You not finished at your dad's house are you?" He said.

"Well I got most of it but the basement is what's left. Idk but something don't feel right almost. I found a bookshelf that I had no idea was here." I said.

"A bookshelf? Really Winter?" He said.

"If I'm lying, I'm flying." I said.

"Well anything major? Like some money or something." He asked.