CHAPTER 13: TESTED

"Stay with me when there's no one else to call... if you've got me, then I'm in it for the both of us... stay with me when there's no one else to call... do you vow to keep it cute even when things get ugly? I ain't gone lie, you want that Phantom, fuck it... is we lovin' or fuckin'... niggas hatin' all of a sudden, ain't no biggie, I'm still thuggin'... she love me, right or wrong..." BOTH OF US by YFN Lucci X Rick Ross X Layton Green

Drew wanted to tell Dre out of his own mouth why he got his ass beat -- so when me and the kids got back to Atlanta, I had to sit there with Dre in the hospital in Dekalb, until he woke up

Drew wanted to tell Dre out of his own mouth why he got his ass beat -- so when me and the kids got back to Atlanta, I had to sit there with Dre in the hospital in Dekalb, until he woke up. Which wasn't a problem, since I damn near know the whole staff at that hospital. The problem I had with it -- is I sat there for three fucking hours. All for Drew.

Dre woke up around midnight, and I carefully held the phone for him, while Drew went in on Dre. About me, about loyalty, and because Dre slipped with some boxes of weed.

Drew said that Dre knows how it goes in the fam and would always stay down. Even all beat up like that, Dre told the cops that he doesn't know who jumped him. He was walking home, and his attackers came out of nowhere. He lied so good, that deep down I realized he and Drew, have a relationship quite like me and my sister. They love each other, siblings til the end. But they're not friends. Dre and Drew, seem to stay going back and forth. 

"I ain't no snitch. But dat's a cold muhhfucka. Be glad you got Ski hypnotized. Caught up in that pussy," Dre whispered to me. And I just stared back at him.

"Don't worry about me and Drew," I told him back.

"I'm not. Just worried about you. You gone learn in this family. Just how cold dat muhhfucka can be," Dre told me before he drifted off to sleep. Fuckin' with me...

But determined to make it work, I push Dre's words out of my mind, because I'm in it now. And until Drew shows me different, I can't let no nigga worry me. Besides, I had to break the news to my son about his father, first thing this morning. So I am worn out.

TJ cried and cried. So I had to tell Nique to hold it down at Summer's Gates on a Monday morning, while I spend the day helping TJ make sense of his father's murder.

But I'm so high off Drew's love and the beautiful Sunday he gave me yesterday. That I'm good.

And since Kamisha is pregnant, I brought my sister and Fran with me for back up. To bring TJ over here to this hellhole. And pay my respects to Thomas's mother...

"So. Who was the witness? Just tell the truth Thay, you ain't want me to stand beside you when you got married. So who went? Kamisha? Couldn't have cuz I called her. So who took my place?" Tharine badgered the fuck outta me all the way over here. While Fran sniggled from the backseat, leaned over hittin' that Vape pen like a crackhead.

"Did you go?" Tharine looks back at Fran and looks her up and down.

"Go where?" Fran stares back at Tharine dumbly.