Chapter 1

(Takes place a week before duellist kingdom.)

Zhalia, who had just found a place for her and her sister to live in domino city, had popped into Kame Games whilst her sister was at school. She wanted to check out the duel monsters cards however she was also there to visit her grandpa. As she was checking a binder of cards out an old man came out from the back room.

"Welcome to Kame Games. How may we he- Zhalia? My dear, it is lovely to see you; it's been too long" he said as he recognised the young lady. She turned and embraced him in a hug.

"Hey gramps!" she said. As she separated from the hug Solomon notice the wrist band she wore on her right arm. The wrist band looked like a golden vine that weaved its way around her lower arm but what was really interesting was the area where it connected to her hand by a ring on her middle finger(just like cover art), the reason he noticed it was because on the back of her hand was the same symbol that was on the puzzle that he gave his grandson Yugi.

"tell me child; where did you get this wristband?" he inquired.

"Well, gramps I decided to follow my heart. After mum and dad passed, I had to find a job to support me and Serina. Even though I loved the competitive duelling world it just wasn't regular enough money. So, I followed my other passion and fell back on my diploma in archaeology and got a job as a researcher on expeditions. One of these expeditions was in Egypt; there I encountered a strange man who showed me to a temple deep beneath the sands of Egypt. He told me it was the tomb of the nameless Pharaoh and his most loyal guard. Then in a back room, there was a box with a hole in the side big enough to put an arm through and before I knew what happened he had pushed my arm into this hole and when I pulled it out this band was around my arm he then told me I was the chosen protector and that when I meet the pharaoh the true powers of the millennium gauntlet would be revealed." She looked at her hand.

"to this day I haven't been able to figure out what he meant, "she said in a slightly confused tone.

"well my dear" RING Solomon was interrupted by an alarm on Zhalia's phone. She checked the time and it was just gone 3 o'clock.

"I have to go gramps, I got to pick Serina up from her first day of school." Zhalia said as she grabbed her bike helmet and headed out the door. She then got on her red motorbike and rode off to Serina's school.

Just as a red motorcycle rolled up at the gates of Domino Junior High, a young girl with long dark blue hair came running with a terrified look on her face

"big sis help!" she shouted to the rider.

Zhalia immediately dismounted, took off her helmet and placed her hands on her younger sister's shoulders.

"ok calm down and tell me what's wrong," she said calmly.

"I made a new friend in school called Mokuba but when we came out of school some big guys grabbed him and took him down the alleyway over there." She pointed to an alley not far from the school.

Zhalia told her sister to stay with her bike as she did not want these "big guys" getting anywhere near her little sister. As she approached the alleyway, she heard voices.

"hey! Let me go you creeps, when my brother finds out you'll be sorry!" yelled a young voice.

"quit struggling brat."

"don't worry we will let your brother know exactly where we take you as long as we get the ransom we are going to ask for."

"hehe yeah, I wonder how much Kaiba Corp will pay to get you back?"

If there was one thing that annoyed Zhalia more than anything else, it was bullies who pick on the weak. She showed herself in the entrance to the alleyway.

"hey!! I'm going to say this nicely only once. Let the kid go."

"oh, and what will you do to make us?" said the largest of the 3 as he came and stood over the girl blocking her way to Mokuba. He went to swing a punch at her, but she ducked down fast and using her leg swept his feet out from under him sending him to the ground. Just as he started to get up, she hit him in the back of his head with the side of her hand hitting the pressure points in the back of the head and since it was the hand that she has the gauntlet on he was knocked out. The next one then came running at her, but she did a swift roundhouse kick and sent him into a wall next to him. She then looked at the last goon who still held the young boy (who was now tied up).

"so, are you going to let the kid go or end up like them?" she said pointing over her shoulder at his partner.

"HA! You wish! This kid is from the Kaiba family he will make me a fortune" the man said greedily.

"really? This is all about money? How pathetic. I mean who kidnaps a child from school just for money. You make me sick!" she spat at him. He then pushed the kid to the side and charged at her but unlike the others, he had no intention of using his fists, instead, he pulled a knife from inside his jacket pocket and lunges forward in an attempt to stab the girl however shegrabbed his wrist and ducked under his arm with her back against his chest thenusing his own momentum from rushing forward she threw him over her shoulder.She then stamped on his wrist forcing him to release the knife, which she thenkicked away. Now that the knife was gone, she picks his torso up by the collar;got in his face and said

"Let this be a lesson to you, don't pick on kids." She then landed a punch to his face. As she let go of his shirt, she walked over to the young boy, he appeared to be quite shaken by all that had happened and even though she had fought off the men trying to get him Mokuba was still cautious of this unknown girl.

"Who are you?" he asked timidly. She knelt in front of him and smiled.

"Hey, it's ok you don't have to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Zhalia, I'm Serina's big sister."

Just then the screech of tyres was heard as a large white limo pulled up at the top of the alleyway. A young man, who looked to be around 18 years old with piercing blue eyes, got out and ran into the alleyway.

"MOKUBA!!" he yelled.

"big brother! I'm over here" Mokuba called.

As Seto ran down the alleyway to find his brother he saw a girl with short lilac and blue hair knelt in front of his younger brother and she pulled a pocketknife from inside her boot. As he was unable to see the ropes around his brother, he misunderstood the situation as this girl threatening him and ran forward grabbing her wrist to stop her then he saw the ropes and looked around at the beaten-up goons. He realised that this mysterious girl had saved his brother and was merely trying to free him.

"big sis, are you ok? And is Mokuba safe? And is it safe to come over now?" a young female voice from behind them all said.

"yes, Serina me and Mokuba are fine and it is safe to come over" Zhalia called back.

With that Serina ran over and hugged her new friend. After they had hugged Mokuba went and hugged his brother explaining everything that had happened to Seto. Seto then turned to the girls particularly the older one who, now that Seto got a look at her was quite beautiful, had saved his brother.

"thank you, you saved my little brother and for that, I'm truly grateful. My name is Seto Kaiba and you?" he said with an outstretched hand.

"Zhalia, Zhalia Jones" she replied returning the handshake.

With a slight blush on his face, Seto turned to leave and called out for Mokuba to follow him.

"ok, bro. See you in school Serina. Bye Zhalia and thanks a bunch!" Mokuba called as he followed his brother to the limo. The girls then both got onto the bike and headed home.