~PROLOGUE~

Rosa was adopted by the Fuller couple when she was only three years old, the Fullers were given a small bag that had everything Rosa had when her mother gave her up. All that was in the bag was a gold snake necklace that had emerald eyes and an emerald ring. And a letter from her mother, but they didn't open it to see what she had said. Jacob Fuller thought it was best to leave it unknown, for it was signed to Rosa and no one else. 

Rosa was four when the Fuller couple found out they were going to have a baby. When Kate was born Rosa was all over her, giving her soft kisses on her head and cheeks. When Kate would cry so would Rosa, at the time the couple thought it was because Kate's crying scared Rosa but it was the idea of Kate being hurt that scared the little girl. Rosa loved Kate more than anything, and when Scott came along it was exactly the same way.

The older the girl got the more she started to realize that she was missing something. She had her parents and her siblings, but she wanted something more.

She wanted a love that was more than platonic. Rosa wanted a love like how her parents had, a kind of love that never dies or grows old. A kind of love that was forever, that's what she wanted. She wanted to be able to feel the kiss of another person, she wanted to wake up in someone's arms and never want to leave them. Rosa wanted the soft touches and the midnight talks. She wanted someone to hold her and never let go.

But she couldn't just pick someone. 

She's never had a girlfriend or a boyfriend, so she doesn't know where to begin. But the idea of getting with just anyone doesn't feel right. It's like her body is waiting for someone. Waiting for that person to hold her heart in their hands and promise to keep it safe for all of eternity. 

Rosa knows how it sounds, like a fairy tale that's never going to happen, but as her daddy says "Always have hope sweetpea." So she did, she went to college to become a mythology professor but dropped out when she turned nineteen to move back in with her family.

She later started painting and drawing, taking what was in her dreams and putting them onto paper or a canvas. She got pretty good money for her paintings, even though she thought it was odd that people bought her art. Most of her art was of a woman with a two-headed snake on her shoulders, and a crown of feathers on her head. The woman's bright red lips were always in a frown like she was upset. Little did Rosa know, the woman in her art was real, along with the man in her dreams. 

Or that her life would get flipped upside down when she and her family go on a trip to Mexico.