TAP Web Mystery #1 - Closing in on the Cash (Part 3)

Help Us Write Amanda’s Story!

We set up www.theamandaproject.com to find other people who knew Amanda so that we can all discover more about who she was, why she disappeared, and together write the mystery of her life. Now, we need YOUR help here at Wattpad!

In addition to Callie’s chronicle of what happened (Book One, written by the incredible Melissa Kantor), there are a million stories about Amanda waiting to be told. We’re going to be posting some developing mysteries here, looking for anything and everything you can add. Leave comments with your thoughts below!

--

TAP Web Mystery #1 - Closing in on the Cash (Part 3)

We set out to the library this week to do some Amanda research. Inspired by @SparklyDragon’s theory that Amanda was finding and selling antiques and gems, and because Orion is such a small town, we figured it might be useful to go through the Orion newspaper archives to see if anything turned up there.

So, we spent the week sifting through piles of newspapers. Since no one really knows when she got her hands on the money, we started from the day Amanda disappeared and worked backwards. As @inlovewithlaughing said, Amanda was obviously good at finding out secrets, so she probably definitely knew about Callie’s money situation before the night before she left. @keiyani, @breakinginside and @i-luv-chocolate totally agree. So do we.

Wedged between the two last shelves in the basement, we began to realize how little people are interested in past Orion news. We couldn’t blame them. Each paper had the same old stories: Garbage Route Enforces Recycling… PTA Organizes Flea Market, Neighbors Complain New Apartment Buildings Ruin Skyline…Bank Opens New Wing to Expand Customer Service… we were all dirty from sitting on the floor, sneezy from sniffing all the dust, and beginning to get super frustrated when we spotted a flash of color in the gray pages of the Orion Sentinel. And there it was, just a skinny little section in the Arts & Leisure section, except someone had drawn a border in purple ink around the headline and text. We didn’t know what else to do—we tore the page from the paper, stuffed the rest of it back in the archive and slipped away, sure some sensor would blare or something. But, luckily, it didn’t. We’re posting it here in the sidebar to see what you guys think.

Is this Amanda’s purple ink? Is this connected to the money?