Radioactive Spiders

You never wanted to be the new Spider Man. If only you hadn't let Lisa drag you to that stupid science exhibit. If only you hadn't let Dani talk you into sneaking away. Then maybe your life would still be as boring as ever.

*

"Y/N, look out!" Dani calls out just in time for you to step out of the way of the basketball flying at your face.

"I hate sports." You mumble. You hate basketball. You hate gym class. You just hate high school all together.

You give Dinah a quick glare, because she definitely was trying to hit you on purpose, and follow the other students to the other side of the court. Just five minutes left and you get to enjoy free period.

By the time the bell rings, you're beyond ready to take a nap, but you still have half of the day left.

You take a shower as fast as possible and change back into your regular school clothes. As you and Dani are walking out of the locker room, Dinah steps in front of you and shoves you into a locker.

"Oops." She says, walking right past you. She pushes Dani with her shoulder as she does.

"Why don't you get a life?" Dani grumbles, but Dinah just keeps walking.

"How long until graduation?" You ask, picking up your backpack from where you dropped it.

Dani slings an arm around your shoulder and leads you into the hallway. "We've still got a while, Y/N/N. Like a year and a half."

You sigh as you open your locker. "Wanna go to the coffee shop or something?"

"Hell yes."

You and Dani had free period at the same time and you usually left school to either get food or just hang out and listen to music.

Lauren and Amy had both started working at a new coffee shop over the summer so that had become a top hang out spot for you and the youngest Cimorelli.

Dani has always been your best friend and since you grew up on the same street you were constantly together. Your parents were close with hers too considering they worked at the same medical lab.

When you and Dani were both twelve there was some kind of explosion. A lot of people at the lab died, including both you parents. Christina had to step up to take care of Dani, Lisa, and Lauren. Lauren was only fourteen when it happened and Lisa was fifteen, so all three still lived at home.

Katherine and Amy lived at home too, but Katherine was twenty three and Amy was twenty one, so they were basically grown up at the time. Christina was twenty five and stepped up to take care of her youngest sisters.

You were alone though. All you had were your parents, but the Cimorelli sisters took you in. The entire thing brought you and Dani closer, if that was even possible. It felt like the only thing that would make you any closer would be if you were twins.

When you and Dani get to the coffee shop you see that it's pretty empty.

"Look, it's dumb and dumber." Lauren says from her spot at the register.

You look from Dani to the brown eyed girl. "Which one am I?"

Lauren shrugs. "It changes every time I see you two."

Dani rolls her eyes and leans against the counter. "Can you just get us some coffee?"

"Sure." Lauren says with a sigh even though it's her job.

While she's making the drinks, Amy comes out of the back room with a smile on her face. "Hey, guys. How has school been so far?"

You just shrug but Dani launches into a story about something that happened in Math. You don't pay attention since you've heard the story three times already.