The Fight

Everything is fairly normal for a few days. You've taken to sneaking out for a few minutes every night to try out the suit. Dani talks to you through the ear piece just in case you have to hurry home.

The whole thing feels pretty exciting, but you are thankful you haven't had to face off against anyone yet.

Before dinner on Friday night, when you and Dani are just hanging out in your room, Christina calls you downstairs again.

"What did I do this time?" You ask as you jump off your bed.

Dani shrugs. "I don't know, dude."

You walk downstairs and to the kitchen table where Chris has all her talks with you. This one immediately feels more tense because Christina isn't sitting down. She's just standing by the table, over a chair that has been pulled out and turned to face her.

"Sit down."

You do what she says, sitting in the chair clearly pulled out for you. You warily look up at her.

She stands a few feet away, still looking down at you. "I called all of your teachers. None of them are asking you to do a project on local government."

"Oh.."

"I'll give you one chance to tell me where you really were on Saturday."

You look down at your knees, unable to come up with any kind of excuse that makes sense.

When Chris sees you aren't going to say anything she keeps talking. "And you still haven't told me what really happened when you disappeared at the lab."

"Yes I did."

"Y/N." Her jaw is set. "I need all of the lying to stop right now. There is something going on with you and you aren't leaving this table until I find out what it is. You're even dragging my little sister into it and making her lie to me too!"

You flinch because you know Chris doesn't really see you as family. Even though she says you are you've always felt like an outsider with the Cimorellis.

Christina grabs your sketchbook from her work bag and drops it on the table beside you. "You were drawing that new spider man before anyone else knew about her."

"You looked through it?! That's a total invasion of privacy!"

"I don't care." She's glaring daggers through you. "You date your drawings, Y/N. You were drawing her weeks ago. Is that what's going on? Does it have something to do with this new spider man?"

"It's not your business, Chris. I'm not your sister, and I'm certainly not your child, so it shouldn't matter to you!"

Christina scoffs and takes a slight step back. "You're right. You're just some kid I got stuck with because no one else wanted you."

You don't give her a chance to say anything else before you grab your sketchbook and leave the room. You grab your backpack from where you left it by the front door and pull your arm through one of the straps.

"Y/N. Wait, I-"

You're running out the front door before Christina can finish what she was saying.

*

To say dinner is tense would be an understatement. You haven't come back yet, so it's just Christina, Dani, Lauren, and Lisa. Dani was the only one around when you and Chris were fighting, and she's currently staring the older girl down.

Her arms are crossed over her chest and she hasn't even touched her food. Christina is trying to ignore it and Lisa and Lauren just kept glancing between the two of them.