Chap - 29

Olivia's POV

I stood in front of my mirror looking at my dress. It was the one I wore for my Winter Formals with him. Yes it still fits. Its a gorgeous gown to be honest.

I know it looks a little bit over the top

I know it looks a little bit over the top... But, 1. my mother expects me to wear this kind of clothes for dinner. Hell when I used to live with them, I had to wear fancy dresses when I was at home and school. 2. It was the dress he bought for me since he was my date and decided to just pamper me and save me from all the shopping I had to go to, which he knew I hated. I mean he worked multiple shifts in his part-time job just so he could buy that for me. I feel like he is there with me when I wear this. I can imagine him smiling at me while having his arms wrapped around my waist. 3. This is the only dress I have possess.

I plated my hair into a French braid before walking down to see the boys and the twins sitting there. Barbie Princess Charm School was playing and everyone looked very interested in that.

When they heard me descending the steps, they looked up.

"Gentlemen and Kids!!! The queen has arrived. Everybody bow except for u Ocean, you can curtsy." Leo said and they all did as told.

I chuckled and gave a curtsy myself. The boys looked at me.

"Gawd I wish this was under a different circumstance..." Harry said and I nodded sadly.

"Mommy!!! You Wook like Barbie!!!!" Ocean squealed as she played with my dress. Holding the hem of it and twirling with it in her hands.

I looked at River. His eyes met mine. I felt a pang in my chest. Of course he had to get his father's eyes!!
"soo do you like it?" River smiled widely before nodding and coming and hugging my legs.

"Mwommy u Wook bootiful! " he said as his eyes sparkled.

"You look beautiful Livi" he said as he twirled me around in our living room. His his eyes sparkling.

"Earth to Olivia!!" Luke said as he waved his hands infront of me.

"Yea yea.." The boys knew where and why I was going, Old Lani knew it too. But she had some orders for a birthday party so she couldn't make it.

Old Lani sat with me till 4 am while I cried. She was furious at first. But she knew how egoistical my mother was and that if Old Lani tried to fight her, she would do anything to make my life miserable. How twisted can a mother get?

"OK. So lets go over the rules once again everyone." I said as I clapped my hands.

"No icecream or cookies before dinner. No crazy milkshake mix. No water fight. No running around while I'm out. No T.V past 8:00 for the kids. No going near the oven, or the stove or fire. Call me if there's any emergency. Remember Ocean is allergic to walnuts. As you know, Old Lani has a program and won't be back until tomorrow morning. And Please just sit on the couch, only move if u want the food that I prepared or if u want to use the bathroom or to go to bed." I rambled. It's scary to leave the boys and the kids together.... Last time I let them out of supervision for a girls night with Old Lani, my house was flooded.

" Yes Mom" Leo said as he rolled his eyes. I sighed. Let's just pray that nothing goes wrong....

"Harry you are in charge" I pointed to him to which he saluted back.

I crouched down to my babies. I kissed the crown of their heads to which they kissed my cheeks. I will never leave you and let anyone take you away from me. I will protect you. I promised your dad.

"OK guys. Bye!!!" I said as I stood outside facing the boys. They all gave me a half sarcastic smile and a waved before shutting the door right on my face. Rude.

I got on the elevator and pressed the Ground floor. I looked at the mirror. I wish he was there by my side. Telling me that everything would be alright.

The Elevator dinged indicating that we stopped in a floor. I looked at the person as the doors opened to see Owen in a tux. He looks handsome. I have to say that. He looked at me.

"HI Olivia. You look beautiful. Going somewhere?" he asked me as he tried to fix his tie looking at the mirror.

"Yea... I have a family dinner I have to attend to. What about you?"

"Me? A dinner with my father and some other people. Business related matter I'm guessing." he said as he tried to tie his tie again. I chuckled before shaking my head and moving in front of him. Moving his hands away from the tie. I slowly tied it properly for him. I could feel his burning gaze on me. But I paid no attention to it.

After getting done with it. I looked up at him to see that he was already looking at me. I smiled and patted his chest before moving to stand next to him.

He cleared his throat. "Yea... Thank you for that. This stupid tie is always a huge disaster. I mean why do we have to wear a tie?!? I don't know what I would've done without you right now. " he exclaimed. I chuckled.

"Livi!! I am telling you!! These ties are some horrible creatures!! I mean it's a disaster!! Why do they make us feel pressured to wear a tie!!!! I don't know what I would've done without you!" he exclaimed while I laughed.

"You would've gone Tie-less and probably started a revolution against ties." I giggled.

"You would've gone Tie-less and probably started a revolution against them" I said as I smiled sadly at him.

Owen cleared his throat before continuing "I mean you and my mom. I tried to learn it. But it's just so confusing!" he said as I laughed again.

The elevator door opened and Owen allowed me to walk out first I smiled at him before walking outside when he called out.

"Oh and Olivia... I heard you were having a hard time. I just want you to know that everything will be alright." he said as he smiled at me.

Thanks Owen for making me laugh genuinely before going for that dreaded dinner.

_________________
Hello guys. How are u? I hope you all are fine. And hope you like this chap..... Pls do share your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks for reading.