Chapter 18 - Gymnastics

"Wow, this is my first time in a gymnasium," Charli stated as we entered. We rented it out for us to hang out without getting recognized.

"Really," I say, surprised. I thought she would have been to a gymnasium before.

"Yeah, I never went to one. I only danced," Charli speaks. Addison and I nod our heads, following behind her

"I haven't been in one in so long. It feels like my first time, too," Addi adds as we reach the mats.

"Yeah, same. I don't think I've been in a gymnasium since I quit gymnastics," I add as we all take off our shoes. We ran to the tumbling mat, getting ready to do tricks.

I warm up by doing a front walkover, just stretching since I haven't done gymnastics in forever

I warm up by doing a front walkover, just stretching since I haven't done gymnastics in forever. I look over to see Charli exercising along with Addison, who was also unbending beside her.

"I never asked you before, but when did you start doing gymnastics," Addison asks as she finishes stretching.

"Well, I started gymnastics when I was four until I was 14. Umm, I stopped when my father passed and started dancing since gymnastics reminded me too much of him. Then I stopped that when I turned 17 and tried to teach gymnastics, but it was too much for me. So I gave it up," I speak, telling them the truth. I touch my face feeling a tear drip down that I didn't notice. I wiped it away, looking at the girls who were giving me looks with sympathy.

"I'm so sorry for bringing it up," Addison apologizes. I shake my head.

"No, it's fine, you didn't know. Plus, it feels nice to get off my chest," I respond. The girls smile at me before running over and giving me a hug showing they care.

"Come on, no more tears, we are going to do gymnastics," Charli shouts in excitement, jumping up and down. We laugh before getting ready on the tumbling mat once more.

I do one last warm-up in a handstand, getting ready to do tumbling, which I hadn't done in about three years

I do one last warm-up in a handstand, getting ready to do tumbling, which I hadn't done in about three years. That fact alone made me a little nervous. Addison had already started and was tumbling across the mat. Charli was doing an acro dance that she had made up on the spot. It alone, you could tell she was a fantastic dancer.

 It alone, you could tell she was a fantastic dancer

I got to the floor and did one of my old routines. Once I was down, I looked to Charli and Addison for their reactions. Since I felt my tumbling was a little rusty. To my surprise, they looked amazed. "Wow, you did amazing," Charli said, looking at me with a smile. Addison nodded, agreeing with Charli.

"Yeah, I assumed you were good, but not that good," Addison says, looking at me in amazement. "Thanks, I felt rusty," I say.

Our conversation led to me talking about how I used to do balance beam gymnastics

Our conversation led to me talking about how I used to do balance beam gymnastics. A couple of minutes later, Addison, Charli, and I were running across the gymnasium, racing to see who would make it to the beam first.

"I win," Charli shouts, jumping up and down. Addison smiles, laughing at her behavior.
"Yeah, you did,'' Addison agreed, trying to catch her breath. Charli was about six feet ahead of us.

Charli turned toward me. "I'm ready to see your skills," she said, excitement laced in her voice.

"Okay, here we go," I spoke, jumping on the beam. I pointed my legs, stretching out my arms as I exhaled, taking a deep breath before starting. "Wow, you're amazing," Addison says, smiling as Charli nodded in agreement.

TikTok
(Lillian is Avani)

Charlidamelio☑️- At the Gymnasium @addisonrae
❤️: 1.2M 💬: 51.3k 🗣️: 23.9k

Addisonrae☑️- Babe😘
❤️:1.1M 💬: 63.1k 🗣️: 21.8k

Authors Note