1» Sixty Rupees

"Myra Williams, is it?"

"Yes." Myra responded to the woman sitting in front of her in the editor's cubicle.

She wasn't sure if she was going to be her boss, though Myra hoped she would. It'll be a nice change from the usual misogynistic, chauvinist, egotistical male bosses that she is used to.

As the woman went through her allotment papers, Myra got busy admiring her. She wore a neatly pressed creaseless saree, she believed that's what it's called. The blouse was sleeveless showing off her toned arms. A thin rimmed, rose gold plated glasses stood steady on her nose, complimenting her light caramel skin.

Before Myra could dive into more coloured details, the woman looked up from the papers with a smile.

"Sorry to keep you waiting like that. I'm Etasha Palkar," She forwarded her hand and Myra shook it across the desk separating them. "I'm one of the editorial chiefs here and will monitor your project."

"I'm looking forward to working with you and here, Miss Palkar." Myra flashed a smile, perhaps bigger than it should've been. She was relieved that Etasha was in fact her boss.

Etasha waved dismissively, "Call me Etasha, I'm not that old!" She humoured.

Myra gave a soft chuckle and agreed.

"So what brings you here? Why this specific project?" Etasha didn't beat around the bush and dived right into the topic.

Even though the question seemed casual, Myra couldn't help but feel the need to get the answer right.

Myra ran her tongue over her lips, getting ready to answer it.

"I've covered a good lot of crime in my profession and I always wanted to put this experience into a project, to make people aware about the crime happening around us. India felt like a good start."

Etasha smiled and nodded, her answer was straight forward, a bit laid back but still enough to impress her.

"You're all set to go, Myra. You can start the project once you get yourself settled here. There's no rush," Etasha stated.

"Thank you, Etasha. Also there's something I've meaning ask you.." Myra trailed off, waiting for the permission to continue.

"-Sure! Go on."

"Do I have to work here nine to five? Report everyday to the office?" Myra asked.

Etasha pursed her lips, "I won't need day to day reports, so I don't see why you have to be here everyday." She shrugged off her shoulder, "You don't have to, if you don't want to."

"That's a relief! I like working in a different environment, I'm more productive that way." Myra chuckled and got up, signalling to take her leave.

"I'll make a move then."

Etasha smiled and nodded, "See you, Myra."

Myra smiled back and took a step towards the cubicle door when Etasha called her.

"-Oh wait! I almost forgot." She mumbled and reached for the intercom, dialling a number, "Hunjum ji, Vishal ko bulaiye." [Hunjum, please call Vishal]

She looked up at a confused looking Myra.

"I assigned Mr. Vishal to your project. He works here and he'll help you familiarise on how things work here." Etasha explained.

Myra's confusion changed to annoyance but she masked it well. The thought of sharing the project with someone she barely knows and that too with a man was enough to almost ruin her day.