2»The Bedroom Disorder

Myra stacked the cardboard boxes on one another and dusted her palms off. She has been moving her luggage and her work gear all around her two bedroom flat but had no idea where to start.

The flat is a furnished one, with a TV, a fridge and an air conditioned room as her privileges. She scanned the bedroom she stood in, the only accessible one in the flat while the other was turned into a store by the flat owner and locked away.

She was grateful that this room had air conditioning, there's no way she was going to survive Delhi's afternoon heat without one.

Myra decided to do her article related work here in the bedroom. She mentally mapped out the bedroom the way she wanted and the current one was a mess.

It'll take time to rearrange everything and these furniture looked like they won't budge so easily. On top, she brought huge baggage with her, a habit of her carrying extra stuff.

She always dumps extra luggage, in excuse of just-in-case and ends up regretting later. No one would believe that she's only here for a month looking at the boxes she brought with her.

Myra let out a long sigh and ran her fingers through her wavy, greasy, blonde hair. She needs a hair wash, she reminded herself. Tying them up in a high ponytail she got ready to start the work.

She walked beside the bed and bent over, trying to push it further into a corner. Much to her dismay, the heavy bed didn't budge. She tried again, but to no avail.

Myra huffed and glared at the inanimate object like a mother condemning her kid when he won't listen.

Before she had a chance to scare the bed, her phone played 'Just Hold On' by Louis Tomlinson indicating an incoming call. She grabbed the phone on the desk nearby and smiled brightly when she saw the caller ID.

"Hello!" A cheerful feminine voice greeted as soon as she received the call.

"Someone's having a good day!" Myra chuckled listening to her friend's cheery voice.

"Someone's not." Her friend Ava stated when she noticed Myra's tired voice.

Myra groaned, "Why did I bring so much stuff, Ava?!"

Ava chuckled at her friend's whining, she missed her so much and it hasn't even been that long.

"Why? What happened?"

"I have so much to unpack and the new bedroom arrangement is a mess! The window is covered by something like a wardrobe -" She gave a confused look at the iron box thing blocking the window, "and the bed is at the center of the room, taking up all the space and it wouldn't budge-" She hit the bed with her leg in annoyance.

"-Relax, Myra.. It's only for a month." Ava tried to calm her down.

"You know I can't work in a disorganised room! I have to rearrange the room." Myra stood firm.

"Fine! Fine! I can't talk you out of it-" Ava sighed, "Anyhoo Jeff and I spent the night. Finally!"

"Oh, he's back from England?"

"He is! And I think he's gonna propose tonight!" Ava squealed.

Myra's eyes widened in surprise, "Really? What made you think so?"

"He's been very weird and nervous lately. He keeps asking me about my schedule, if I had some days off!" Ava squealed again, making Myra chuckle.

"That's so great, Ava! But don't squeeze it out of him, just let things go at their own pace. Expectations can be very disappointing."