Chapter 37

Envy: Don't fuck with me! I have the power of Lucifer and anime on my side! Agghhh!

VIRAGO

My body has never felt well rested since forever. The morning of our fight with Michael, I felt so pumped and ready for the day that I woke up earlier than intended. Surprisingly, Sloth was up as well along with Envy. Even though I offered to make breakfast for them, they forced me to sit down and made it themselves. Lucifer and I raised actual gentlemen.

Today I had to create the pendants to protect the presence of my husband and kids. Tonight was gonna be a full moon, so it was best if I did it today so the protective pendants would be extra powerful.

As I ate with my boys, I told them to get everything that I needed. Knowing them, they'll have the ingredients I need in no time. It'll take them about ten minutes and as I waited for them in the castle's library, I made sure I had my protection spells ready. My Grimoire still looked exactly the same from my past. Lucifer really preserved it well. I'm gonna have to start a new one since this one was so thick and I filled every page.

Sloth and Envy came in, both with small pouches in hand.

"Is that everything?" I asked.

They sat at the table across from me. Sloth opened the pouches he had and so did Envy.

"Yup, the gangs all here," said Envy.

"We had a little trouble getting blood from a lion," Sloth replied.

Envy laughed. "I wanted to be buddies with it but it hated us."

"What did you expect, Envy?" I asked, laughing with him.

"I was just petting it," he replied. "He didn't like it at all."

"We knocked it out to get the blood by the way." Sloth slid the cork bottle with the blood towards me. "It'll wake up in a few hours."

Smiling, I took the bottle. "Thanks, boys. You both did great."

A male lion's blood. Moonstones. Cayenne pepper. Angelica roots. The unbreakable chains of Hekate I asked during an offering and lastly, white candles.

"Alright, I'm gonna get started." I cracked my fingers. "Are the others up?"

They both nodded.

"Awesome. The pendants will be ready in about twenty minutes."

As I got started, they left to prepare for the day. Flipping through my Grimoire again, I found the protection spells I made all those years ago. Each spell had to be said correctly and only once. If I mess it up, I'll have to start over on the next full moon which is not something I could afford to do right now. My concentration thankfully came in clutch and not one mistake was made. The pendants were ready.

The library door creaked open. Lucifer poke his head in and walked inside. "How's it going?"

"I just finished."

He sat on the floor next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissed my head. Wow. So today was finally the day. It felt weird that we're taking Michael down once and for all. Weird because we've been living with him as a rock over our heads for so long.

Intertwining my fingers with Lucifer's, I picked his hand up and kissed the top.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"A little nervous."

"Everything will be alright, Virago."

"I know..."