Chapter 1 ● A New Beggining

I woke up feeling quite nervous. Since it's my first day I should at least make a first good impression of myself...

I went into the shower quickly and cleaned myself, after that I went to my closet to get my uniform and change with a plain, black jacket zipped all the way up.

I finger-combed my hair and took a slight glance on my watch. Oh... I thought to myself. It's so early... just 3:30 AM. Since I walk to school, it takes me just 1 hour walking distance.

I walked down the stairs and straight to the dinning room.

"Morning Dan!" My mom said enthusiastically. Walking to the table, I sat myself down on my usual seat and prayed the Prayer Before Meals, then I ate some pancakes with butter and honey.

"Well, how does it taste like?" My mom asked, leaning closer to me to hear me loudly.

"Still as delicious as always mom!" I said with a smiled. Then she smiled at me back, then stood up and walked to the kitchen.

I said good bye to my mom and headed off to walk to school.

As I walk into my new school, Aion High, I start to notice some people staring at me. Hmm... weird.

Upon entering I looked around to see if I can find the Secretary's Office. Finding no office at all, I turn to a girl passing by me and asked her.

"Hey um, excuse me, sorry to disturb you but can you please show me where the Secretary's Office is?" I asked politely.

"W-what?! Oh uhh.." She said embarrassed. Why are you so shy? It's not hot or anything, despite the fact that I'm wearing a jacket, it was quite chilly today.

"I-it's okay! You didn't disturb me! But um the... the Secretary's Office is just down the hallway then take the first left, 3rd door on the right." She said, making quick and sharp hand gestures.

"Okay then. Thank you." I said with a smile. She smiled back at me sheepishly and hurried on to wherever she was going.

Following her directions, I went down the hallway and took the first left turn. Counting the doors. One.... Two.... And three. I slowly said in my mind.

I first, knocked on the door and then entered. I looked around to inspect the office and it was pretty simple.

A cork board on the right side of the wall with schedules and quotes, color coding the uniforms for each day for the teachers. In the left side of the wall it was a window, showing a one of the schools hallways with lockers and other students passing by.

And in front of me was a mahogany desk with a computer, some files, pens and pencils, correction tape, erasers and such were on the table.

"Hello there! You look new, are you the new student Dan?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Okay good! So your schedule is this one." She said as she handed me a piece of paper with the classes I'm going to have every week. "And here is your map, oh and I have called a student to show you around the school, have a good day!" As soon as she said all of that and gave me my papers, she instantly went back to her computer.

A door on the right side was opened and a boy came out. He had a red and black and white varsity jacket covering. And the regular black or dark blue pants and black shoes.

"Hi there! My name is Ash and I will be the one, telling you around in the school."

I looked at him and smiled.

"Hey there, look I can obviously tell the weird-advertisement-annoying-guy-or-girl-in-the-movies- that-is-your-tour-guide voice. You can just speak normally." I said casually. He looked at me and blinked at me once or twice then laughed.