Chapter Twenty-Four

"Alright, the plan, one more time." 

I look up at Sam, seeing the stress on his face. I glance at Connor, who looks ready to pass out on the table. Penelope is asleep, curled in an arm chair in the corner of the library. She was never going to participate in the attack, so I'm not sure why she sat in on the meeting. I'm sure it had something to do with Connor. 

Asher is the only one that looks remotely awake and invested in the conversation. 

"I go ahead with four warriors," he announces, the only one seemingly ready for the playback. "And make sure that they aren't suspecting anything," Asher announces and then looks to Connor expectantly. 

"He links me when he knows we're clear," he pipes up, trying to muster just a little bit of energy. He yawns and his eyelids droop. Sam clears his throat, causing him to jump in his seat slightly. 

I'm going to make some coffee, I link to him. He immediately perks up. 

I stand from my seat next to Sam and walk to the drink station to brew some coffee for us as Connor continues with the plan. 

"I link Evelyn when it's time to move; I bring nine warriors with me from the north," he says for, I think, the fifth time. 

"I bring nine warriors from the south. We each have a medic with us for injuries," Sam reminds Connor even though he had said it the last four times. 

"I bring nine warriors from the west," I chirp while pouring milk into two cups. 

"Me and my team begin the infiltration while we wait for you to get there," Asher continues. "Hopefully, luring Darius out for you guys when you do."

I pour coffee into the cups as Sam adds, "According to the scouts, Darius is holed up with around ten men and women; it shouldn't take long to overpower them." I walk over to Connor and set his cup in front of him; he smiles gratefully as I speak next.

"My focus is going into the house with a couple warriors and gathering as much of their shit as we can."

♥♥♥

Why is there so much shit in here!? Eliza's frustrated shout rings out in my head. I continue to rummage through the papers that are strewn all over the floor. 

Our attack is well underway. Asher's warriors flushed all of Darius's group out of the house they were hiding in. My warriors are frantically searching the building for anything that could possibly be important. In the background, I hear one of my men kick down a locked door. One glance in and down a flight of stairs tells me that it leads to a basement. 

A couple wolves barrel down the steps as I shove paper after paper into my bag. We can sort through what's important later, for now, I've just instructed everyone to gather as much as they can. 

"There are prisoners in the basement!" 

I snap my head towards the basement door and without another thought, I hop over the table in front of me in one swift movement. As I pass over the threshold to the basement, a familiar scent overloads my senses and stops me in my tracks.

The comforting aroma of sweet and spicy rain washes over me and I bask in the nostalgic feeling.

The moment ends all too soon when someone grabs onto my arms before I can fall down the steps.

"Luna?" one of the warriors asks me, holding my arm to steady me. It's then that I realize that I had lost my balance. I look over at the man, concern and fear are present on his features. I can't focus on him though. I can only focus on my parents' scents.