Chapter Thirty-seven

Oliver gave Avery his BMW i8, until he could get her something new. The look on her face was priceless. She tried to refuse, of course, it was something far more expensive than anything she ever owned, but she really wanted to accept it.

Oliver told her he would destroy it if she didn't accept. After a lot of thought, she took the keys with a bright smile.

He would give her anything she wanted. She endured so much and worked hard her entire life, she deserved everything good the world had to offer.

Avery gave him a big thank you kiss, and they got carried away and lost within each other. Oliver couldn't get enough of her and the same could be said for Avery.

Vivienne and Erica picked Avery up to go shopping, leaving Oliver to go to the company and finish his ever-growing workload.

He started opening the mail when a yellow envelope caught his eye. He picked it up and opened it, but when he did his gut twisted as he pulled out the crumpled photographs. They scattered on his desk as more fell out.

With shaking hands, he picked them up seeing the threatening words scrawled in red ink.

One photograph of a smiling Avery was covered with the words 'Mine! Mine! Mine!' another said 'If I can't have her, then no one can.'

Some of the many photographs were of the both of them. Some from when they would go for walks or when leaving and entering the company or apartment.

At first, he thought maybe it was a threat or just a prank from Leah in order to scare them, but even that seemed unlikely.

He looked at the postage stamp to see it was sent while they were in Fiji.

He immediately picked up his phone and dialed Tony. After hearing Avery was safe and happy, he alerted him to the problem. The man in the hoodie came to mind and he gave him a brief description. Tony assured him they had everything covered and at the first sign of danger Avery and the other ladies would be safe.

"Can't I have one day without you calling me?" Sam groaned over the phone.

"No. Can you meet me at the office?"

Sam whined, "fine."

He turned up thirty minutes later with a scowl. Oliver set down the large pizza he ordered. His mood did a complete 180 and he dug in.

"I received this in the mail." Oliver threw the photographs on the desk.

"Jesus!" He nearly spat pepperoni everywhere. "Stalker?"

"You think? I've seen a man before, wearing dark clothes and a hood covered his face." He ran a hand through his hair. "Avery saw him a couple of times, she said it was probably nothing, but also that she had seen him before."

Sam shook his head. "Trouble just follows her." Oliver glared. "What? I didn't say it was her fault." He raised his hands in surrender. He reached and picked up the photographs. "Have you called the police?"

"Not yet."

Sam's nose scrunched up in disgust. "This is blood."

"What?" He asked in disbelief. "I thought it was just messy ink."

"That doesn't look like any ink I've seen." He threw the photos back. "There's definitely no doubt in my mind that he's very sick in the head."

"I'm going to get Avery home." He felt like he was going to throw up. "I don't even want to tell her about it." He blew out a breath and picked up his phone.