Thanksgiving At The Jackson's

Jason POV

After another week of school, we finally got out for Thanksgiving break, and I couldn't have been happier. For the first few days, Percy, Tempest, Sally, and I just stayed at home. Minus a trip to the store for food.

We all just spent time together and Sally couldn't have been cooler about me and Percy dating. In fact she was going out of her way to make us happy. I had a mother figure and it was really nice.

On Wednesday, Percy got a call from Piper. She was complaining about not having a Thanksgiving this year because her dad would be out of town and she hated her step-mom. Percy then got an idea to do a Friendsgiving.

I thought about it and was a little surprised he could come up with such a good idea, but I guess they have been his best friends for years. Sally didn't seem to have any trouble with it and encouraged it.

We quickly sent out a message inviting everyone over, and they all agreed to do dinner, since some were having lunch with their families.

The rest of the afternoon included, cuddling, form Temp and Percy, baking and attempting to cook with Sally, and a lot of good memories for this holiday.

Finally.

Some memories from the past few years started to weasel their way into my head and it showed because Percy was quick to come and hug me. He excused us and walked me to my room. As soon as we sat down, I hid my face in Percy's shirt and started to let the few tears out.

Anytime a holiday came around my parents would just get worse. They hit more, called me names more, and were even more drunk than normal. I always hoped that Thalia would come back one day, but that never happened.

After what seemed like hours, only a few minutes, I heard a whining sound and Percy bent down to pick up Temp and sat him in my lap. He was still so small and cute and it really helped to have him there.

My sobs turned into sniffles and Percy asked me what was wrong, so I told him.

"Whenever a holiday came around, my parents would get 10 times worse than normal. Anytime it happened I hoped Thalia would come back and save me, but she never did. I was alone with them for years and nobody ever noticed. Why did this happen to me? What did I do to piss off the universe?" I looked up at Percy and I could tell he was trying to hold back some tears.

"Jase, I honestly don't know why this happened to you, but I can promise that you will never have to deal with this again. Even if you don't talk to me, you have everyone else you could talk to. None of will abandon you and will all love you just the way you are."

I cuddled back into his chest and listened to his heartbeat. I started to fall asleep and Percy could tell because he shifted to where we were laying down and Temp was on one side, while Percy was on the other.

I just stayed there and gripped Percy's shirt like it was the only thing keeping me anchored to the world, which in a way, It was.

The next morning I woke up in the same position. Percy was awake because I could feel him running his hand through my hair. I relaxed even more and was almost asleep when an obnoxious knock came from the door. Percy jumped, then sighed and I however Immediately sat up.

"I'm going to kill her." I heard Percy mumble and then Tempest say up next to me and laid back down.

Lucky him.

Percy went to go open the door and had a raised eyebrow along with the bored look on his face. He answered and I was not surprised when a familiar brunette came in like she owned the place.