Chapter 1 - helping Briarlight

Briarlight had been crippled for a while, and her dead legs made it much more harder to move.

One day, they decided to take her to Star, the talking twoleg kit that once helped them.

They yowled at her den's door, taking a big risk. Then, the door opened.

"Great StarClan! What is it?" meowed Star.

She gasped at the sight of Briarlight. She crouched and started to stroke her.

"Oh, you poor thing! Is this why you've come here?" asked Star.

Briarlight nodded.

"Her backbone is broken after a beech tree fell on her." explained Jayfeather.

"Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do when the spine gets broken. But I can improve her life quality." meowed Star .

"H-how?" hesitated Briarlight.

"We can remove your dead legs so you can run around and climb trees." meowed Star.

"Wait, I can run and climb if-" squealed Briarlight.

"Yes! Your legs are a dead weight, it's best to remove them. Trust me, I know a lot. But be warned, you'll have to stay with me for a moon to regularly give medicine." meowed Star.

"But it will be extremely painful!" squeaked Briarlight.

"No, it won't be. The cutter will make you sleep and you will wake up once they cut your legs and give you medicine for the pain." meowed Star.