Ch 4

Hades looked at his glass in anger before flinging it at the floor. It had been one week since he had found Persephone in bed with Aphrodite. His wife in bed with someone else. And as the week progressed he found out more about the his wife's infidelity.

All these years they were together, he had remained faithful. He had fallen for the beautiful godesses with a sweet and calm disposition the moment he had laid his eyes on her. Never had he imagined he imagined she could betray him like this. Multiple times.

She had not even tried to work out their issues, which he still didn't know of. Instead she had gotten her kicks from different people.

Letting out a yell of a wounded animal he overturned his throne. He was angry at Persephone, he was angry at Eros and Aphrodite fo creating love and he was angry at the Fates for tying him to Peresephone.

He hadn't let any of his staff come near him since the incident. He didn't know what he would do if they tried to calm him down. Which was exactly why he was startled when he heard the doors open.

"Adrianne didn't I tell you to let me be? Just let me..." he was surprised to find the Celestial Saraswathi instead of his faithful servant.

"What do you want? Do you want gloat or tell me I told you so? Because you could have given more of a heads up" He said yelling the last sentence.

"Neither. I came to see how you were doing" she replied simply before covering the distance between them and placed a calming hand on his shoulder. Strangely his shoulders untensed. Both the immortals sat the footsteps of the throne platform in silence.

Ever since he had found about his wife's infidelity, the departing words of the Celestial he hadn't seen in 2 years had begun echoing in his mind as if it was on repeat.

"I wouldn't work so hard for that relationship. Detach yourself while you can"

"Detach yourself while you can"

Hades wondered if he had heeded her words, if he would be hurting so much. Now 2 years after that encounter here he was the King of the Underworld sitting on the steps leading to his overturned throne, with his head nestled at that same Celestials shoulder as she soothingly rubbed circles on his palm and patted his hair with the other.

"So the news of my pity party has already started spreading to other regions, huh?" He asked her with a chocked up laugh. "I don't know how you Celestials manage to do it. To be married and yet to sleep with other people without feeling guilty or hurt if your significant other does it."

"We are wired in a different way.. Monogamy isn't something that comes to us easily. Brahma is the only exception." Saraswathi replied calmly as she started massaging his shoulders.

Hades shuddered under skilfully sensuous fingers. Both of the immortals lay on the cool floor, with Hades head on Saraswathi's leap as she massaged his shoulders and head. At some point Hades dozed off but was awakened by the sound of an instrument being played and someone singing.

He got up quickly to find Saraswathi, except she looked very different. She has four arms while two played the Indian instrument, the sitar the other two held a book open as she read it and sang a calming melody.

"You are awake" she said, her extra arms and the sitar vanishing into thin air. "Here" she said handing him some jasmine tea.

" How do you feel?" She asked after some uncomfortable silence.

"Like all my anger is gone. But the disappointment and insecurity is still their." He said honestly, surprising himself.

"Don't worry. You don't get over a shock like that quickly. But anger is always temporary, of any action is done in the name of anger after a long time is always vendetta or revenge" she replied as she took his hand in hers and looked him in his blue eyes "Just stay strong"

Hades looked into those bright brown orbs that seemed to possess so much of knowledge yet had a mischievous twinkle. When Saraswathi withdrew her hand from his and turned away, he felt slightly disappointed.

"Well I better be going. Till next time" she said as she stood up and patted away imaginary dust particles from her jeans.

As if possessed by a spirit, Hades grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. With her face just an inch away from his and her mouth open in surprise, he kissed her.

Never had he been with another women ever since his marriage. The addictive and rich taste of her mouth was brief when Saraswathi pulled away.

"Hades you aren't thinking. This is.." She began but he cut in "exactly what I need. Please make me forget her. Just help me feel, something other than this numbness" he pleaded, his blue eyes wide but his pupils darkened due to lust. His hands tracing the curves along her body.

Without answering him, Saraswathi kissed him softly. But not in a mood for tenderness Hades kissed her hard, changing the pace.

Their lips against wandered off to different parts of the body. Marking some areas with red patches. Hades ripped off Saraswathi's shirt the same time she took off his.

He pushed against the wall his fingers on the zipper of her hands when she gasped suddenly and pushed his hand away.

"I can't. If we do this, it's going to upset a lot of things off the future. I can't let that happen" she said as she quickly summoned a new shirt a began putting it on.

"Is this your sick way of comforting me. Are you trying to him humiliate me?" He yelled.

" listen to me. Certain events have to happen if the future should go on the brighter path. Your celibacy is one of them. As much as I want to sleep with you, I can't. I'm sorry Hades" she said softly as she caught hold of his face and chord it in her palms, before placing two gentle kisses on both his cheeks.

"Very well. Thank you" was all Hades said before she vanished into thin air, leaving a curious god wondering about his future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The End

We all know what happens next. Thank you for reading this book.

To the side Varun Dhawan (Indra) and Deepika Padukone ( Saraswathi)>>

Please vote and comment.

Love
Megx