Chapter 1

Monday, a new day of a new week. Monday, a new day to live. Monday, a new 24 hours to spend. Monday... Today is monday. Today is a new start.

Today it's monday, that's the information my phone gave me after I stopped my alarm. It's 6 am in the morning.

I wake up and step out of my cozy bed. I feel the warmth leave my body. It's early and I'm tired.

My father told me yesterday that we were moving to Doncaster. He told me to pack my stuff so we could leave within an hour. I had only one hour. One hour to say goodbye to the place where I had grown up. The place where I had lived since i was 2. The place that kept so many memories in such small things. That had to be done in one hour. 

After i packed everything and said goodbye, we left with my father's car. It was a cheap little blue car that was almost 10 years old. It was small, very small. Even though we were only with two people, the whole car was packed up with my father stuff. I only had a small bag.

The ride was long. Around after one hour on the road, I fell asleep. When I woke up we parked our car in front of a small house. "Get out, we're here." That were the words my father said to me when we arrived. When I got out of the car I started to take the bags out and brought them inside. It wasn't the prettiest house, but it was liveble.

That's where I'm now. In a house that I've only known for a few hours. My room isn't very big but at least I have my own bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower. It relaxes me. I watch the warm water run over my soft skin. After 15 minutes I'm done. I walk back into my room and search for a towel. When I've found it I dry myself and dress up. It's a dark blue hoodie for today with some loose jeans. It doesn't really matter to me, it just has to be warm and cozy.

I walk downstairs to make some breakfast for my father and take some crackers for school. Im glad my father was ok with doing the grocerie shopping when we arrived here last evening. After I made my father some toast with eggs, I take my crackers and backpack and wurm myself into my jacket. It's only the beginning of novembre so it's getting cold.

I've researched last evening where my new school is located and I found out thats it's a 30-minute walk. It could've been worse but still. While I'm walking to school I eat my crackers. Hopefully I can get something else to eat too for today cause I'm already feeling that this isn't going to be enough for the whole day. Let's just hope that my father isn't in a bad mood.

After the 30-minuten walk I arrive at school. These past minutes weren't too bad actually. It gave me some relaxing time. Once I walk into the schoolbuilding I find my way to the office. The lady behind the desk seems nice, I think by myself. I only had to sign in and she gave me my schedule. She also said that she didn't have my books yet because I came so suddely in the middle of the year. Right...

Once that was finished I looked at my schedule. My classes will start at 8.25 am and now it's only 8.05 am. Maybe I can give myself up for the footballteam (soccer)? Football is an escape for me. The only thing your focus is on is the ball. The way you move it with your feet and the control it gives you. All the other things in the world don't matter anymore. It's just you and the ball.

After a few minutes of searching around like a fool, I find the sportsection of the schoolbuilding. There is a little office and if I'm not wrong, I'd believe that I see someone sitting inside. I knock 3 times on the door and after a few seconde a hear a "come in" from the other side. Carefully I open the door.

A 40-year-old man is sitting in a chair with his feet on the desk. He looks like a typical barman that you"ll find in some club. "Ehm I'm Harry, I'd like to sign up for the footballteam if that's possible?"

The man looks at me for a second before he answers. "Then you're at the right place. My name is Mr Johnson. Today after school we'll have a practice with the whole team. You can join us and then we will see if you fit in, allright?"

"Yes please thank you, I'll definitely be there. Ehm, bye Mr Johnson." After he gives me an approving nod, I walk back through the door.

I'm really excited for this, at my previous school I was in the footballteam too. We'd practice almost everyday and sometimes I'd even stay longer, just to run with the ball and to stay away from home. Just like I said, it's an escape.

I'm walking towards my biology class, it's the first class for today. It's not my favourite but thats ok. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that I have no books. That means that someone has to share with me, and that means that I have to talk. It's not that I don't talk, it's more that I prefer to keep it quit. When I was younger I loved to talk with people, the more the better. But I guess I've changed. I'm not that social person anymore that I used to be. I guess that's the reason that my friends didn't want me anymore.

Just when I step into the classroom I hear the bell ringing. I see people coming into the room. Some are giggling with their friends, others just go to their chairs and some of them are looking like they just stepped out of their grave. I know it's only morning but still. I'm sitting all in the back of the room with no one besides me.

"Shit", I mumble softly. I still have no books. Maybe I should just go to the teacher and tell? No, thats too awkward for my low-esteemed self. Just the moment that I made my choice to do nothing and keep sitting where I sit, someone walks inside the classroom.

"Mr Tomlinson, the bell has already rung, what are you doing here so late?" My teacher askes. "I'm sorry Miss Wessels, I thought that my first lesson was maths. I was already there when I realized my first lessen was biology. It won't happen again, promise." The boy sais with a little smirk on his lips. My classmates laugh about is while my teacher gives an approving nod. "Only this time Mr Tomlinson, next time I'll give you detention."

The boy looks around in the room when his eyen meet mine. His eyes are a beautiful mix of the ocean and the sky. I feel myself getting lost in his eyen so I break the eyecontact. The boy begins to walk towards me when I realize, the only empty place left is next to me. Well, at least we can share a book now...

He takes the seat next to me and I try to check him out without him noticing. Of course with my bad luck as always he spots me while I'm checking him out. "Hey, I'm Louis. Who are you?" He askes me quitly. "M Harry." I whisper back. "Are you new? I've never seen you before?" I look up to him. "Yeah, I just moved here yesterday."

"Quiet there in the back please." We hear the teacher say. I direct my focus back on the teacher. "Ok students, I'll hand out some worksheets that you'll be working on for you. You'll have to use your textbook for the needed information. What you don't finish this lesson will be homework for tomorrow. "Hey ehm Louis?" I ask as softly as possible. "Mhh." He answers me while he looks up. "I don't have my books yet, can we share your book maybe?". He nods and slides his book in the middle of the table. I watch his focus go back to his worksheet and I start doing the same.

I kind of hoped that he would say something to me, but it didn't happen. I don't know what it is, normally I don't like talking. But he just seemed nice I guess.