Becoming nightmare!?

I woke up in a bed, what...the...fu**!? I thought because I just literally died! How Am I still alive!? I thought and looked around to see I was in an unknown room but it was somehow familiar to me.

I brought my hands up to my face and saw that they were bones...wait what!?

I quickly got up and went to find a bathroom to look at myself. I found it a few minutes later and I walked in only to freeze.

I stared at myself in the mirror, did I...become nightmare that wasn't corrupted!? I thought shocked and decided to see what kinds of magic I had.

I was very careful when I was checking because I didn't want to destroy anything by accident and all.

It was over the next few hours before I finally understood, first I was in a different and unknown au as passive nightmare, second I can use all of nightmares magic, and third, I had extra magical abilities that I don't think original nightmare had, fourth, I also had a few jobs and I was lucky that I had a few days off.

Yikes I thought alarmed as I saw the calendar and checked night-er my phone for any more info.

It took me the whole day before I found all the info I needed. Hmm...I wonder what these versions of nightmares gang are like. I thought curiously, I don't know if I would be able to handle them like original nightmare can but I can try if I need to.

I thought and decided to go make something to eat. It took me a bit before I finished and I sat down to eat.

Then after a few hours, I was training my magic and the extra magic.

After I finished I went to my room and went to bed for the night.

In the morning I got up and practiced yet again after I finished eating breakfast. Over the next few days I did the same things over and over again along with getting more info.

So apparently my job here, I was a nurse at a school for kids. It was interesting and I actually had memories of how to do things for certain wounds and injuries. I was also lucky a bit since I was already training a bit to become a doctor before I died. I thought feeling relieved.

Today was the last day I had before I went back to work since it was actually a holiday and we were all off a break from school.

I'm glad I actually had time to get used to being passive nightmare, I don't know what kind of au I was in but I will find out sooner or later. I thought and decided to take a walk.

I walked over to park and went near the Forrest parts. That was when I heard some of the bushes moving. I tensed and looked around to see what it who was there.

"Who's there?" I said and continued to look around until I saw a head pop up from the bushes, and not just one, it was four heads. Tiny little heads actually, I blinked and got nearer to the ground to see them better.

I somewhat froze when I saw their faces, it was horror, cross, dust, and killer. What...they were kids...

"What are you kids doing all the way out here? Where are your parents?" I asked and they looked at each other.

"We don't have parents." "They died." "I don't know." "I don't care." Was what the four of them said and I blinked.

I felt torn, I didn't want to leave them out here in the Forrest, who knows what could happen after all... but I also don't see myself as a parent that they will need...sigh I'll let them stay in my house and see if I can find an orphanage somewhere..

I thought, "well...uh you can stay the night at my place and in the morning I can take you to an orphanage. Does that sound good to you?" I asked and they shared looks.