Chapter 4: The Journey to Diagon Alley

My parents had planned the day out carefully. Hermione was excited as ever and prided herself to tell me everything about Diagon Alley. We planned to go to the Wizarding shopping centre in five days. Yes, Hermione had told me nearly everything about the Wizarding World but the only things that I wanted to know was: How should I act? How do I dress? What do I say? Should I be normal? Will they make fun of me for being non-magical? But I knew that no one will answer those questions for me.

I was getting ready that very morning. It was like any normal day, I'd wake up have a shower, get dressed and curl my hair; the only thing different was the large sound of hustle and bustle coming from the kitchen. When I came down the stairs there was no one sitting at the table to stare at me because everyone in the house was running around grabbing bags, flinging them into other bags then taking them bags and putting them in the car. I didn't want to get in anyone's way, so I sat down at the kitchen table grabbed a piece of toast from the massive plate of it in the middle of the table and began to eat.

I was enjoying the delicious breakfast when mum snatched me away and chucked me in the car. I realised I would be sat in that car next to Hermione for an hour and a half I would not be able to survive long enough to get there.

All the way Hermione bragged how she would probably be in Gryffindor the house were everyone is brave. I didn't really care. 

After a while, mum started to look around the car as if she had lost something. I asked,

"What are you looking for mum?" She didn't reply she stared at me in disgust. I looked down at my shoes.

"Hermione dear, have you got the letter?" She spoke

"Yes. We are supposed to go to The Leaky Cauldron," Hermione replied pulling out a large piece of parchment.

"There it is!" I shouted as I saw a sign shaped like a cauldron came up ahead.