Chapter 2:Survival

Another rewritten chapter. This chapter and a few chapters in the future will have mentions suicide, trauma, and insanity. You have been warned.「」

(Y/n) (L/n) held the sword in his hand and gazed aimlessly at the sky shining above his head. A cool breeze was flowing in the vast desolate world.

"Sigh..." he let out a deep breath.

A guideline window popped up in one corner of his vision. it was an updated status report of himself.

「(Y/n) (L/n): Prosecutor Lvl. 1

Skill: None

Strength 21

Stamina 17

Vitality 13

Endurance 12

Sense 7

Agility 8」

The updated status report termed him a Prosecutor. He wondered what it meant and a little more...

"Can I really survive in this world?" he thought to himself.

「With your talent, the chance of surviving in the Rocky Mountains is less than 5%. Immediate suicide is recommended as a realistic countermeasure.」

The newest and certainly dumbfounding message flickered on the screen as (Y/n) contemplated the depth of this new message.

「Would you like to commit suicide?」

He was utterly dumbfounded. In response, (Y/n) jerked strongly backward, which was befitting the message.

"Fuck it!."

* * *

(Y/n) (L/n) looked at the body of a Demon Dog that had been killed inadvertently. To survive here, he needed food.

"Can I eat it?" he wondered.

The Guideline was activated.

"Edible"

  「Meat of Demon Dog: Contains essential amino acids and fats. Recommended to be cooked first.

Devil's Blood: Contains moisture, carbohydrates, fiber, and essential minerals. Drinking is recommended.」

"It means if I eat meat and drink blood, I can get all the nutrients I need even if I don't eat vegetables or other foods?"

Looking at the explanation, it was like a complete meal, but...

"Would there be such a convenient food in the world?"

Apart from everything else, why did blood contain carbohydrates and fiber? Did it photosynthesize with its own blood? Even if he thought deeply about it, it definitely didn't make much sense.

"No matter how much I look at this, it looks like I got an error again."

The problem was that he had no choice.

It was all he had to eat, so if he didn't want to die of starvation, he had to eat it.

"It said this meat was recommended to be cooked first."

Even if it didn't recommend it, he had no intention of eating raw dog meat. With shallow knowledge of how to make a fire, he managed to grill the meat. It was easy to say, but it took roughly six hours. It was 6 hours of suffering, stained with all kinds of trial and error.