1: Restarting

-The weekend before school started-
Dear Diary, September 12th (Tuesday)
Been awhile since I left that Hellhole of a school, Empire Academy. I hated that place like a motherfuck...hopefully this new place I'm going to isn't as bad, but I don't have my hopes up. Today I move into Sarah's home, who turned out to be my grandma I never knew about. Her oldass oughta be borderline in the grave already. I got a letter earlier from her saying she was happy I was coming to move in with her and that she'd been waiting to see me since I'm in her will. CHA-CHING!
I can't wait for this bitch to die!!!!
Au Revoir, Spinel
* * *
Spinel stepped out of the car she had been riding in, and the Principal did the same. In Spinel's hands was a Ziploc storage bag, containing all of what she had: Her phone, makeup, and a pack of cigarettes. She was thinking of the will she was in, and how much money she could inherit when Sarah died! She could tell it could be quite a bit considering the house size.

It was a 3 story mansion, with a pool and water-fountain, along with a large garden and colorful pavement leading to the door. There was a large fence around the whole acres worth to finish it all. There was even a great view of the beach from afar. She just knew that this was the life of luxury and hated the world for not reminding her of this place sooner. This was way better than the homeless shelter!!!

"Damn..." was all she could get out. She pushed the button and the gates opened and she walked on in. "I wonder how much is in the will..."

"Now Spinel she didn't ask you to come here to worry about how much is in her bank account," The former principal scolded as Spinel rolled her eyes. They walked to the porch and soon enough, Sarah Stiles answered the door before they even knocked. Damn, if she was a gem she might be a whole fuckin Sapphire-

Sarah looked of old age obviously, her used-to-be curly brown hair now with streaks of gray. She had on round glasses and surprisingly wasn't hunched over like her granddaughter thought she was. She had on a white fluffy robe as well. "Is this my gorgeous granddaughter I've been waiting on?" She asked in a sweet voice looking at Spinel, who was looking as horny as ever thinking about that money.

"You betcha. I'm her old Principal, Mary Wana. I called earlier to let you know she'd be here." Principal Wana stated. Sarah lifted her eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"Why does your name sound like a drug?"

"Ma'am?"

"Never mind, Mary. " Sarah then faced Spinel and smiled at her. "Come on in, sugar. Make yourself at home. I'll go get some drinks and snacks. What would ya like?" She asked as she gestured the 2 inside.

'Beer and marijuana brownies will do, Sarah.'

"I don't want anything," Spinel said as she sat done on the soft, leather couch. The inside looked just as good as the outside, maybe better! "Why haven't ya called me before?"

Sarah sat down in a recliner with a bowl of warm soup before answering, "I didn't know where you were, sweetpea. I spent my years acting and trying to find you, but ever since my retirement I had no clue where you were. You know, since my husband died, it's been kind of lonely in here. That's why I was glad you could come and take up some space. Besides, I don't know how much time I have left. Good I gotcha now."

'My grandma was an actress? What's next, my grandpa was Robin Williams?!'

"So Ms. Sarah, you're now the legal gaurdian of Spinel as of today. She's gonna have to transfer schools, so paperwork is gonna be involved..." Mary Wana said, taking out a stack of papers from her bag. "And that means she's no longer in the foster care system since you're family. But it's best not to sign her out just in case. If she becomes too much trouble for you feel free to contact this number below..."