2: Wake Up Call

Dear journal,
Wednesday, September 13th
Today I start going to that new school. I really don't wanna go, since this bed is hella comfortable. Maybe I can snag some hottie and get it on, that's how comfortable it is. Lemme hurry up and end this before Sarah gets on my ass.
XOXO, Spinel
* * *
After dreaming of being in a weed paradise and having an affair with Jungkook, it was unfortunately interrupted by Spinel's teeny tiny brain, telling her 'Aye! Wake yo ass up time to  get EDUCATED!' for her to reluctantely agree. This was the worst part of constantly moving cities; having to face different types of students and the teachers making you introduce yourself, possibly make you sit in the front (EXPOSE HIM-). Usually she tries to snag a back seat in all classes, and if she's lucky, not even show up.

Today, however, she'd have to improvise.

She shut off her alarm, which was playing Sweet Melody loudly. Afterwards she took herself a nice, hot steamy shower that she'll soon be sharing with your mom (Im kidding-). Surprisingly, there was a variety of soaps and shampoos, wether it be strawberry scented or even the smell of the beginning of Spring. It was all there. Usually her foster parents would make her use the ordinary Dial or something boring like that. Surely with this collection, Spinel will have a hot jock in no time.

After that long comfy cleanse she dressed herself in a white tank with a broken heart in the middle, a black mini skirt with fishnet stockings, and to finish it off a black leather jacket and hot pink high-top sneakers. Did she look like a hooker? Yes. That was exactly the look she was going for. Surely Sarah wouldn't give a damn, right? After all, she got away with just about everything.

"Can't forget you," she told herself, making sure to put on her mother's bracelet. "You're gonna be my good luck charm for now on."

"Spinel, are you done up there? I'm making blueberry pancakes if you want some." Sarah called from the kitchen below. That brought a smile on Spinel's evil little face. Pancakes? Blueberry flavored? What was next,whip cream on top?

Yep.

The whole house smelled like heaven, and it was way better than being in the care system homes. Fuck those wheat square cereal things (nasty as hell), this is a whole other level. "Damn, Sarah, got this place smelling like a bakery." Spinel commented as she took a seat. Sarah put a stack of 3 blueberry pancakes on her plate, drizzling that gorgeous blueberry syrup all over it and putting whip cream on it like there was no tomorrow. Last but not least, there was the cherry on top. Now this had Spinel drooling (man I wish she'd drool over me that way, know what Im saying ;)). "Hold the hell on, you have blueberry syrup? Since when was that a thing."

Laughing, Sarah replied, "They make blueberry pancakes, why not syrup? I have some apple juice, chocolate milk, coffee...anything you want to drink before you head to school. Don't forget the school supplies I packed for you, for the new start. And-" She took a look at Spinel's attire. "And I can assure you Miss Holly Agate won't like what you're wearing. What happened to the rest of your things?"

"I had this and the stuff I wore here," she said, already halfway done with her pancakes. "All I got."

"Huh...how about this. After you get done with your homework or whatever, me and you can go get you a whole new set of wardrobe. From any place you want. Heck I may even update my style, ya know?" Sarah suggested while making her own coffee. "Maybe you'll look less like a street hooker and more like a girl with self esteem."

'Dammit, you oldass lady. This is the current trend!'

"Fine..." Spinel answered, getting up and grabbing her new backpack (unlike me whose been using the same backpack since 6th grade-), giving a hug to Sarah, and then about to head out the door until...