The Hardest Part of Loss: Grieving

The eldest brother of The Seven Deadly Sins was broken at the death of his lover. Who could blame him? He had lost the human who somehow pushed past all the walls that his pride had put up. And now if falling wasn't punishment enough, you were now in the celestial realm. Surely this was his father's cruel idea of hurting him.

Anyone who knew Lucifer could tell you that they knew he was broken. He didn't have the energy to get on to Mammon anymore, he was denying more meals than usual, and would lock himself in his study claiming to be doing paperwork for days on end. He worried even Satan and Belphegor enough to call the Demon Lord. Diavolo came in a hurry and made his way to Lucifer's study door.

"Please let me in Lucifer,"

"D-Diavolo- I wasn't expecting you today, was there a meeting scheduled? I didn't have anything on my calendar." The raven-haired male was a mess in his grief. Usually, neatly put together, the demon was now disheveled. His hair was falling into his face and he no longer adorned his usual uniform. Instead, he wore athletic trainers and a solid black tee shirt. Dark circles traced under his eyes alerting Diavolo that Lucifer had not been sleeping. His claims to be catching up appeared to be false as the stack of work on his desk was growing high.

While Diavolo could never imagine feeling the same pain as Lucifer, he understood his grief. Then it occurred to him if Lucifer wasn't sleeping, and he wasn't working, what was he doing?

"Are you trying to find a way to get them back?" The redhead asked carefully. He knew his friend, he knew that Lucifer would face his father again. Lucifer only looked away with a displeased expression on his face. "Lucifer, if you're going to start another war you need to take care of yourself first. You'll die in a state like this."

"So? I'll just come back. I'll fight harder. I'll keep fighting until I get them back."

"Do you even have a plan?"

"My lord, what do you take me for? A fool? Of course, I have a plan."