Secrets of The Lonely Heart

The young lord kept an attentive eye on his best friend after that day. Lucifer wasn't to leave his sight. In return for being allowed to surveil him, Diavolo begrudgingly agreed to work on war strategies. How in the hell was he supposed to unite the three realms now?

While grief had consumed this once well-glued demon, stress consumed the once carefree prince. It was almost like Lucifer had a death wish.

"You do realize, if you go through with any of these plans, there's no way I can bring you back. I cannot simply just do what I did for Lilith."

With each passing day, it became harder and harder for Diavolo to keep his composure. He was breaking as well.

"Sometimes it's better to die trying than to give up altogether. Please, I don't need any lectures. I know what I'm doing is dangerous, but frankly, I cannot live without them. You see how miserable I am without them. I know you do. Please let me hold on to the sliver of hope that I might be able to get them back. It's the only thing that allows me to get out of bed every morning."

Diavolo took a sharp inhale. He once again could never imagine feeling the same grief that Lucifer was. However, he did love MC. He love them more than he ever admitted to anyone. Barbatos knew, of course, he would, but beyond his loyal butler, no one was aware of the feelings he harbored for the human.

The reason he couldn't imagine feeling Lucifer's grief, was because as much as he loved them, they weren't his. He knew they were Lucifer's. They loved Lucifer without a doubt. So, he settled to sit back and admire from afar. If they were happy, he was happy.
And now, the closest thing he has to a brother is going on a death mission to get back the one they both love? Couldn't this man catch a break? Obviously not.

His large fingers carded through his auburn hair. He was contemplating how to handle this situation. Why wasn't there a good solution? Why was a war the only option?

Lord Diavolo knew he would not be able to stop Lucifer from what he was planning to do. So if you can't beat them, join them. The tips of his index and middle fingers settled on his temple and acted to support his head as he sighed. "I'll help you on one condition."

"Anything, my lord."

"You get the hell out of there if it gets to be too much. I will not let your brothers lose you over this. They need you."

Lucifer's face blanked. He hadn't thought of how this would affect his family. Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes as memories of the celestial war flooded his mind. He remembered the look of terror on everyone's face when Lilith fell. He saw the anger that soon replaced those wounded faces. Lucifer pulled himself away from his traumatic memories with a cough and nodded in response to Diavolo's request. The lord released a breath of relief.

"Then, if we're going to do this properly there's one person we need."

"Who?"

"Simeon."