todd anderson

requested by: Sirena_Black first of all i'd like to thank you for being so supportive of this book! second of all, i'd like to apologize for how long it took me to update this. i was so excited with your request at first that i wrote almost all of it back in june, but became self-conscious about it and, well, 2020 is not being very gentle on us. wordcount is 11k, hope u enjoy!

you shifted uncomfortably as you noticed everyone staring your way once you got out of the car. now, they weren't precisely staring at you, but at your father who was standing right by your side. that happens pretty often when your dad is a very notorious senator, often starring the newspapers.

"come on, sweetheart, let's go." your father said while fixing his suit and heading inside, politely nodding at some people as you passed by while you observed welton's building, your new home for the school year.

you weren't happy to leave your previous school, you were already used to it, but unfortunately, you were expelled after you dropped a tub of blue paint over your creepy math teacher. your father was pissed off, and as a punishment, he brought you here, welton, out of all places in the world. you only did what you did for a laugh and you did not expect it to turn out this way, you, living in such a boring place. but, the view was, undoubtedly, incredible. you shook your head. at least, the school was, indeed, very well prestigious and you hoped it would help you to get into a good college, and, for once, focus on your future. you'd graduate soon.

your father found you two a seat and you ended up next to a thin, tall, brown-haired boy, which you send a polite smile at, and he rapidly returned it. he seemed to be pretty nice.

"oh my goodness!" you heard the boy's father exclaim. "senator, it is an honor!" he greeted your father, going to his side and your ears instantly stopped hearing what he was talking about.

"hello." you decided to greet the boy beside you.

"hi!" he said enthusiastically. "i'm neil perry." he continued standing his hand to you.

"y/n l/n." you answered while shaking his hand.

"i've noticed." neil referred to your last name humorously while sending a glance at your father.

"oh, don't pay attention to him," you replied while everyone sat down and mr. perry came back to his seat as the ceremony was about to begin.

music started echoing through the room while a bunch of boys appeared walking in a straight line, some of them holding banners that were saying "tradition, honor, discipline, excellence." as well as one old man holding a candle. the music stopped suddenly once all of them reunited around mr. nolan.

"ladies and gentlemen, boys, girls, the light of knowledge." mr. nolan said as a piano started to play, and the old man that walked in lighted up the candles of what you supposed to be the first years, and people started to applause.

"one hundred years ago, in 1859, forty-one boys sat in this room and were asked the same question." mr. nolan said. "that now greets you at the start of each semester; what are the four pillars?" he asked.

all the students got up, and you felt obligated to do the same.

"tradition, honor, discipline, excellence." they all said at the same time, almost programmed, and you archived your brow, you would never dare to be part of this. they all sat down quickly after this and you heard your father chuckling beside you.

"enjoying, so far?" he whispered, noticing your disgusted expression and you only glared at him. "i tried to make it easy for you, and you didn't help," he concluded and you groaned.