chapter; three

sorry its shorter than usual and that i took like two months to update lol. (not proof read).

he tried to quiet his scream but it tore out of his chest, burning his lungs as he cried out. he needed to stop, but the pain... the pain was unbearable... he needed to stop screaming, someone would hear. someone would come for him.

he wasn't running, but he might as well be, with how heavily he was breathing. his lungs felt like they were being torn out of his chest and then... nothing?

his whole body was suspended, dangling in air, he gasped for air but there wasn't any.

"jungkook?"

was that yoongi's voice? what was he doing here?

"jungkook!"

jungkook tried to move but everything felt sluggish, like he was moving through peanut butter. he tried to open his eyes; everything was so dark. he wanted to see his hyung. he opened his mouth to shout but yet again nothing came out.

stomp, stomp, stomp.

the sound of someone walking to him.

the ghost of a touch ran over his neck, never taking form. cold; it was so cold.

air flooded his lungs. almost like a reverse murder, he thought morbidly.

it then became almost too hot, like a fire. like he was being burned. burned alive.

he blinked in the darkness and reopened his eyes to be met with a jeering crowd, all around him was red.

he came to the terrifying realization that he was being burned alive.

he tried to move; tried to struggle, but was tied in a crucified position. he looked around the crowd. there he was. yoongi.

the pale boy could only be 18 or 19, but his face showed that he'd been through to much.

yoongi's eyes studied him like he was a stranger. no remorse.

"hyung!" he cried. "yoongi! yoongi-hyung!"

yoongi simply stared watching as the boy eventually stopped crying out.

.

jungkook sat up in bed, shivering. he felt soaked to the bone, his bedsheets were damp with sweat. his eyes darted around the dark room. he felt his pants, embarrassing as it was, he'd pissed himself more than a couple times because of the plaguing nightmares.

the boy slipped out of his bed stepping lightly into the hallway. he needed a hyung; he felt sick to his stomach, his nightmares plagued him daily and nightly, it was even impacting his schoolwork, he was nodding off in his classes. classmates had to shake him wake, sometimes kind students offered to let him copy their notes.

dragging in a shaky, shallow breath, jungkook stepped into the hallway, barefoot.

using the dim hallway lights he navigated his way to namjoon and hoseok's room. he rapped on the door softly, waiting for it to swing open. he shifted on his feet nervously, he'd never had to go to anyone's room before, at most slipping into yugyeom's bed.

.

namjoon opened the door a crack, only letting an eye and his disheveled hair peeking out. "oh?" he swung open the door. "jungkook? whats wrong?"

hoseok appeared from behind namjoon, frowning. "jungkook?"

namjoon's eyebrows furrowed. "you smell like fear?" he said it as a question, but it was more of a statement. he opened the door fully dragging the boy in, "come on," he said in a lower voice, dragging jungkook inside.