the cat.

"Don't you think this is a bit premature?"

I glanced over my shoulder at Harry who was still standing at the top of the aisle whilst I was already in by the cat litter.

"Why would it be?" I asked, a frown on my forehead.

I watched as Harry slowly made his way down towards me with a smirk on his lips and I bit my lip as he raised an eyebrow at me as he came to a stop beside me and my hand was immediately wrapped up by his.

"Because we don't have a cat yet, Sunshine." Harry said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But we're going to see them tomorrow." I smiled up at him.

"But what if we don't like any of them?"

"That doesn't matter, it's always better to be prepared." I said seriously, pouting as Harry smirked and I knew a laugh was imminent. "And it's if they like us."

"I don't like how you said they Sunshine." Harry hummed and I rolled my eyes. "I said one."

"What if they come as a pair?" I asked innocently as I went back to looking at the cat litter, I had done a lot of research on this and I still wasn't sure what the best type was to get.

"Then we get a different single cat."

"No fun." I mumbled making Harry raise an eyebrow at me and I squealed as his long fingers suddenly dug into my sides and I tried to get away from him making Harry laugh in turn.

"Why is this such a big deal anyway?" Harry asked once I'd finally got him to leave me alone, although now he'd decided he wanted to start pressing kisses to my cheek anytime I ignored him for an amount of time he determined 'too long'.

I'd never had so many dirty looks directed at me in a pet store before.

"There's a lot of different types."

"Let's just get this one and look its scented so we don't have to smell its piss." Harry pointed at a bag of gel litter.

"No, gel litter is bad." I said seriously and I shook my head at Harry's raised eyebrow. "It's silica gel and if they eat too much of it, it can make them really sick."

"Why would a cat eat the stuff it pisses in?"

I looked up at Harry as if he had three heads making his eyes widen.

"Wot? Tha's' what you said!"

"It's not going to eat it as if it's some tasty treat!" I laughed, "The litter gets stuck to their claws after they've been in there and then they clean themselves and their feet with their tongues."

"So it's going to be dropping shit stones all over the flat?" Harry raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my lips together before looking away. "Sunshine."

"Yeah, it might happen."

The words left my mouth quickly as I kept my eyes on the litter and decided on a bag of wood pellet litter in front of me. I heard Harry mumble under his breath but I didn't address it as I moved our trolley out of the way slightly so I could get to the self and reached for the bag.

I huffed as Harry simply reached up over me and grabbed the bag before giving me a pointed look and putting it into the trolley.

"I could have done that." I muttered quietly making him roll his eyes and squeeze my hip making me jump and him smirk. "It's pine scented. I'd rather that than lavender, is that okay?"

"Sunshine I have exactly zero opinions on the smell of cat litter."

I looked at Harry for a long moment before I shook my head at him and he cracked a crooked smile at me making my cheeks heat.