Chapter 2

2 Weeks after Bakugou's Birthday

Me and the Deku-Squad have been invited out to the mall with the Baku-Squad after school today. I'm so excited. I don't get to spend much time with my other classmates outside of our little group. I've also been meaning to go to the mall anyway. I need to buy some new training clothes since most of mine as burnt or ripped from sparring matches. I've been getting worse over the last few weeks. I go into coughing fits easily, get fatigued quickly and haven't been eating much. I honestly think I've just caught a really bad cold and it will go away soon. It's not bad enough to stop me training but enough to be an inconvenience.

I wake up and get ready for class. I put on my uniform, lace up my shoes and grab my bag. I make my way to the common room and find Uraraka in the kitchen. She quickly spots me. 'Morning Deku! Have you eaten yet?' She questions. 'No, but I'm not really hun-' I am quickly interrupted by Uraraka shoving a plain piece of toast in my mouth. 'You need to eat. I know you skipped dinner last night so you have to eat something' She say sternly. Uraraka has been looking after me for the past few weeks. She is the only one who knows how sick I've actually been. 'Don't forget we are going out with Mina and the rest after school' She adds while buttering her pieces of toast. We finish eating and walk with everyone else to school. 

The classes go by relatively quickly. Right now we are working on a battle analysis paper in pairs. I'm with Uraraka thankfully. 'So, if the villains are located in this main area then we could go here and here and use a sneak attack but it would require one of us to go through the vents or we could go here and use the back door but if it's alarmed that would screw the entire mission up' She explains. I try hard to keep up with her but my mind feels fuzzy and it's hard to concentrate. 'Deku?' she says. I hum in answer as she looks into my glassy eyes. 'Are you feeling okay?' she questions. 'I'm fine' I answer. We get back to our work changing bits and pieces till we are happy with it. Uraraka eyes me up suspiciously the entire time. My eyes flick around the class to see everyone working on their projects until the land on a pair of red eyes staring back at me. I can feel my throat begin to close and my lungs refusing to work as I start to cough. I keep coughing trying to take in air as everyone starts to turn towards the commotion. I quickly excuse myself and leave.  I make my way towards the bathroom and place myself on the floor of a bathroom stall. I keep coughing even though my throat feels raw. I open my eyes to see blood splattered across my hands and the toilet. 

This isn't good

I keep coughing as my body reels forward. 'Midoriya?' I turn to see Mina standing at the foot of the bathroom stall. Shit... her eyes fall to the blood splattered across my hands. She instantly starts to panic. 'Are you okay? You're coughing up blood!' She squeals. My coughing has finally subsided and I have enough breath to answer her. 'I'm fine Mina, It's just from coughing so much. If it gets any worse I'll go see Recovery Girl' I say and she seems to calm down. I start to cough again as Mina sits beside me and rubs my back. She stays with me and helps me clean myself up. We both head back to class and I head towards Uraraka. 'Are you okay Deku? Mina seems slightly freaked out' She questioned. 'She walked into the bathroom while I was having a coughing fit and freaked out' I explain leaving out the blood part. We continue working on the project and hand it in at the end of class. We head towards the cafeteria and I sit down at the table while the other go to grab food. Everyone comes back with a tray full of food. Uraraka hands me a bowl of soup and bread and I thank her. Everyone is chatting away and eating. Soon everyone has finished eating and we are talking about our next class, sparring practice. 'Who do you guys think we are going to get paired with today?' Uraraka questions. 'I'm kind of hoping I get paired against Sero. I want to see if I can outrun his tape' Iida says. 'I'm just hoping I don't get paired against someone powerful. I don't have the energy for a drawn-out battle' I sigh. I look over at Todoroki who seems to be staring a someone. I'm about to question him when the bell rings. We all get rid of our dishes and grab out hero costumes. I get changed in the stalls, yet again before heading over to where the rest of the class and Aizawa-Sensei is standing. 'Alright, first up is Bakugou and Midoriya' Aizawa-Sensei calls and I internally groan. I make my way to the far side of the ring and get into a defensive stance knowing Kacchan will make the first move. The fight starts and as predicted Kacchan comes charging across the ring. He throws a quirk fueled right hook which hits my arm and burns through my sleeve. Kacchan looks surprised before setting up for an explosion. The fight lasts about 3 minutes and ends when Kacchan has his leg pinning down both of my legs, his arm holding mine above my head and his hand around my neck. He releases his hold before when Aizawa-Sensei declares the match over. I stand up and begin to cough. It gets worse as Uraraka comes to help me back to the bench. She puts some burn cream on and bandages my arm up. Kacchan walks towards us and I can see Uraraka's mouth curl into a scowl before she turns back to my arm. 'Why didn't you dodge? you always dodge my right hook?' Kacchan questions. 'Since when do you start with a right hook?' I laugh and I can see Uraraka wince at the question. Kacchan flicks me a confused look before leaving. I start coughing again as Uraraka rubs my back. Once all the matches are done we make our way back to the dorms. I collapse onto my bed in exhaustion. My eyes feel heavy as I drift to sleep.