Episode 11 Knight in Shining Armor

~ CHRIS ~

"I don't know what the hell happened to me all of sudden, I was about to kiss Mishka. What is wrong with me? Why I feel so attracted to her? Why I keep thinking about her ever since she set foot in my house. Why there are so many whys in my mind all of a sudden?"

I left Mishka alone on the stage when I saw Lia's name flashing on my mobile screen and came out to pick up her call.

Lia: Hey baby, How is the party going?

Me: Umm, yeah party is going great.

Lia: Are you having fun?

Me: Lia, is there something important, I need to go back inside.

Lia: Yeah, I called to apologize for my afternoon's behavior.

Me: it's okay, no worries

Lia: And have you taken Mishka's signature on the marriage contract?

Me: Now there is no need to take her signature because she said that she refused to marry me.

Lia: WHAT?? Why? Why did she refuse to marry you?

Me: I don't know she said that she doesn't want to marry a guy like me.

Lia: I am sure that bitch is planning something big and....

Me: Lia, no she is not planning anything. I was wrong to judge her. She is a nice girl and you should stop calling her that please.

Lia: Why? You were the one who gave this name to her. So, what's wrong if I am calling her that?

Me: Fine I agree I gave this name to her and I am ashamed. So, now I am telling you to stop calling her that.

I turned around while speaking the last part and saw Mishka standing behind me. "I will you back later, bye." I quickly said and disconnected the call before Lia could reply.

Mishka looked at me briefly and crossed me going towards my car.She turned and said "I came here to take my gift out of the car. Can you please open your car."

"Your gift is already placed on the side table inside the hall," I said and she nodded her head.

"Okay then, let's go inside, everyone is giving their gift to Dadu." She said and we both headed back inside.

We both picked up our respective gifts and started going into grandpa's direction where all our family members and guests were gathered. As soon as we reached, grandpa looked at us and smiled.

"So my dearest grandson, where is my birthday gift or you forgot to bring like before?" Grandpa asked folding his both arm over his chest and raising his one eyebrow.

"Well I don't know if you will like this or not but I brought this for you," I said while giving him the gift-wrapped trophy.

"Oh! That's a pretty little thing." He said and I looked at Mishka cussing her inside my mind.

"Can I open this now?" he asked and I wanted to say no, please don't open it in front of everyone but before I could say anything Grandpa beat me "Nevermind, why am I asking you. This is my gift now." He said while opening the ribbon.

I started looking on the other side in the hope that I would hear everyone's laughter very soon but I did not hear anything. I looked back at Grandpa and he had tears in his eyes while looking at the trophy and everyone was looking at him

"Grandpa please don't cry, if you don't like this, I will bring something else for you." I said.

"Shut up you idiot, you made me cry on my birthday. Come here and hug me." Grandpa said and opened his arms for me. I looked at him confused but moved towards him. He hugged me tightly