Chapter 1

Mary's POV

"NO!" I screamed as they dragged me out of my house.                                                                                       "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!" I exclaimed as I hit one of the men, trying to escape his grasp. 

Another man grabbed my shoulders.                                                                                                                    "Get in the car and don't say another word." He said dragging me towards a 1939 Cadillac. I kept trying to get away and run but I knew there was no use.

As I got into the car, the door slammed behind me and I noticed my Mother go back into the house. My Father stayed outside to talk to the other to the nurse who I had hit away from me. 

Why would they do this to me? I thought  they had loved me? They know I'm innocent, right?

Both of my parents had gone inside by the time we were driving away.                                                      I saw the tiny farmhouse get smaller and smaller as we went down the long driveway.

What was I supposed to do? Was there a way I could prove I was innocent? 

I had to wait till we got to our destination to even be able to speak to the warden.

I looked out the window as I wasn't going home anytime soon and the drive was going to be boring.

We passed building after building after building and it had felt like we were driving forever, although it had only been about thirty minutes.

We took a sharp turn, and right in front of us stood an enormous brick building. Both men got out of the car. One of them walked over to my door and opened it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       He gestured for me to stand up, so I did so as I was scared of what would happen if I didn't.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me into the Asylum and followed the other guy to a hall filled with stainless steel doors and small windows placed in the upper middle area of the doors.. 

As we got near the end of the hall, I noticed. a boy about my age looking at me through the tiny window placed perfectly to his height. He had chestnut brown hair, and emerald green eyes. He kept looking at me as I passed by with a man attached to my arm.

We stopped only a few doors down from where his door stood. I looked back and saw he had disappeared from the window. 

"In here" the nurse said, letting go of my arm and opening the door in front of us all the way at the end of the hall.

He handed me a white nightgown.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "Put this on as well." He said