three

══════════════════

══════════════════

For her first week at Hogwarts, Lee thought there was a surprisingly lack of obviously creepy men. Sure, there were the usual starers and guys who'd ask her out, but none who'd tried to grope her or be an asshole so she thought it was a bit of a win. 

But as it became September 9th 1975, exactly one week since the first day of classes, she wasn't so sure what she thought of the male population of Hogwarts anymore. Fabian, Gideon and Sirius had seemed to be nice so far, along with a few guys who'd picked up her books when she'd dropped them, but overall, she was still suspicious. 

Especially as it was the night of the full moon. She had no idea why guys seemed to get particularly creepy around the full moon, but it was a truth she had become accustomed to throughout her whole life. Men were creepy around the full moon and that's how it was. 

Then again, this time around, she seemed to be one of them. A full moon creep, because as the days went on, she found herself staring at Remus Lupin more and more. He still seemed to avoid her wherever he went, and part of her thought it was fine. 

She wouldn't know what to say to him if he did talk to her. Like, was she supposed to say Hi, I'm very attracted to you and I keep seeing you in my dreams even though we don't know each other and just thinking about you makes my stomach flutter so much it feels like I'm going to throw up? She thought not. That would just sound even creepier than how she felt. 

She knew exactly what it was like being creeped upon (most girls did, in fact) and she wasn't about to force that upon some random, probably super nice, guy she didn't know. 

After having been asked out for the fifth time that day, Lee had had enough. She wanted to go isolate herself and be as far away from everyone, even Fabian and Gideon, who she had enjoyed the company of throughout the last week. 

She didn't know why, but she often felt drawn to the water during times like these. It wasn't rare to find her putting  her fingers underneath the rushing water from the fountains at Beauxbâtons in the past. 

Unfortunately, Hogwarts had a concerning lack of fountains which sort of ruined her usual routine. But the school did have huge lake she could sit by, though she didn't think it was quite as sanitary put her hand in that water. 

But she liked being near it, even if it was probably filthy (and had some giant squid in it for some reason). She decided that the best idea was to sit in the shadows of a large tree right next to it, where she could find some peace as she could read a bit.