5

I took out my phone and removed my memory card so I could put hers in my phone and access the contents.

There were some photos of her and Stardust doing some things that she probably felt ashamed of. It must have been why she contacted me and not her family.

I listened to an audio file named 'R.I.P' and was left open mouthed with horror as I listened my best friend's last moments...

Ciara and Stardust had an argument by the lake. I always thought he was a possessive turd, the audio was a confirmation. He got angry when she said she'd come home from Manchester at least once a month to check on him. He said that if she didn't stay back in Greenwood, they were done. She told him that his ego was like frosted glass, it looked cute but broke easily. She started crying and had an asthma attack. I heard sounds of a small scuffle and her begging him between gasps to give her inhaler back. His angry footsteps could be heard getting softer as he stormed away.

I will never know why she was recording their meeting by the lake but it was enough evidence to bring that murderer to book.

When Mr Manning and Pierce, Ciara's brother, got back home I sat them down and calmly told them what I discovered. We all sobbed as if Ciara just died. I did all I could to console them, we hugged and concluded that Stardust needed to pay for his crime.

That night, we went to the police with the memory card and Colton Harrison aka Stardust, was arrested. He was working at a museum in London, apparently he thought it was okay to move on after the atrocity he committed.

I returned to school and couldn't attend the court proceedings. When he was eventually sentenced to twenty five years in jail for voluntary manslaughter. I felt sad because it didn't bring Ciara back to life but at least justice was served.

Her death was beyond tragic and I wish she was still with us, but finally, my dear bestie, Ciara Rosemary Manning can rest in peace.