6. Hello, Little Brother

Zach's POV:

I opened the car door for Rose and closed it after she got in. I threw my cigarette on the ground and went inside. It was a silent drive to Serena's place, except for the noise of the directions on google maps.

"Thanks." She said timidly. I got out to open her door, but she had already opened it and gotten out. She awkwardly smiled and waved at me. I waited outside until Serena opened the door. When she did, she had a huge smile and gave Rose a hug, completely forgetting she was sick. She then saw me in my car and the confusion on her face was obvious. She gave me a polite smile and I gave her a nod before getting in and driving away. I felt like taking a shower right about now. It was a thirty minute drive until I got home. A pack of cigarettes later, I parked my car between all the others in the garage and Henry rushed over.

"Welcome back sir." He said and slightly bowed. He was a British butler in his 50s I think. He looked kind of panicked though. I just got out and gave him a pat on the shoulder then left. I walked through the garden to the door. The happy vibe the fountains and flowers were supposed to give off, simply annoyed me. I put the key in the huge hole of the 8 foot brown door. I went in and headed to the kitchen to see Erica making some type of soup. She saw me and froze a little.

"Welcome back." She said with a nervous smile and adjusted her posture. "Do you need anything to eat?" She asked.

"Thank you." I shook my head and grabbed a bottle of water. What's wrong with them today? I left and went up the marble staircase and my heart dropped. I froze in place and hoped it was in my head. It was him.

Calm down... calm down... calm down damn it! I clenched my fists and jaw, hardly containing myself.

"Hello, little brother. Ahhh, finally we get to see you. What? No calls? No texts? Surely you missed your big brother. Huh, Zachy?" He mocked and came towards me. He opened his arms and had a fake smile. "What, not even a hug?" He then looked down and gave me a pout. "Come on, what would mom and dad say if they saw us?" He continued as he walked around me.

"Derek." I warned.

"Yes, brother?" He asked. That was it. That was the last straw.

"You fuck!" I found myself swinging my fist at him. He caught my arm and threw a punch my way. Luckily, I dodged. I tackled him to the floor and he managed to knee me in the stomach. I then met his jaw with a punch. "How dare you show yourself in front of me!" I raged. My face must've been red and my eyes ignited. "The audacity you fucking have!" I roared as I gave him another punch. He just smiled. He actually fucking smiled.

"You're still dying of envy aren't you." He chuckled with some blood on his lips. "Hit me again. Maybe that'll change anything." He mocked.

"Oh yeah! You'll wish you never asked for it!" I yelled as I gave him another punch aimed at his eyes.

"Zach!" I heard my mother's high pitched voice as she ran towards us. She grabbed my arm and pulled me off of him. "What do you think you're doing!" She yelled.

"What the hell is he doing here!" I yelled back, jerking my arm in his direction.

"It's his house too! Are you crazy!" She scolded. I then heard my father's door open and he rushed over. My mother took a deep breath and adjusted her green silky dress. My father came and saw the sight in front of him. He put two and two together.

"Boys! Is this any way to behave!" He half yelled.

"Don't look at me. I'm the one with a blue eye." Derek said and wiped some blood off his lip.

"How could you let him come back after what he's done to me!" I yelled enraged.

"He never left! He was traveling and came back ! He still lives here too! You aren't my only son!" My father yelled back.

"And what did I do, Zach? Huh? You aren't still hung up on that are you?" He asked with cocked eyebrows.

"You-" I almost cursed him.

"Zach!" My father glared. "What you did wasn't nice either Derek." He reasoned.

"Wasn't nice? Wasn't nice! That's all you have to say!" I yelled in disbelief. I looked at my mom and she just looked down.

"Zach? What the hell is that smell?" My mother walked towards me and smelt my shirt. "Oh my god, Zach! You reek of cigarettes." She gasped.

"I doubt it's only cigarettes." My father disappointedly said.

"Well you know what? He stole everything from me! At least let that be what's mine." I growled. I looked back at Derek. His brown hair was all messed up and his white shirt had a few droplets of blood. "This isn't fucking over." I hissed and left.

"How dare you speak like that in front of us! Did you see how that child is behaving Candice! He has no manners!" Dad ranted as mom tried to calm him down. I left the scene and went to my room.

I frantically took out a pack of cigarettes from my drawer and struggled with the lighter. I was so enraged, I was shaking. I lit the cigarette and went towards the closet. I got out some light blue jeans, a black shirt, and black sneakers. I threw them on my bed then I opened the door to my bathroom and slammed it behind me. I finished my cigarette and got in the shower. I let the steaming water soothe my body. I felt the need to scream. I wasn't going to though. I wasn't that pathetic.

I washed my hair and spent some sweet time under the heat. When I was finally a little relaxed, I dried myself and walked back to my room. I got dressed, took a pack of cigarettes, and made sure I had my wallet and keys. I then took a deep breath and opened the little vault I had hidden under my bed. I put in the code and it opened with a click. I took out 3 blunts and put them in my pocket. I closed the vault, put it back under the bed, and walked out my room. I walked down the stairs and saw Derek sitting on the couch with my parents. I froze when I noticed the red head sitting by him. My parents also froze in shock when they saw me. Derek then stood up, and turned around to see me. He had a devilish smirk. The red head then reluctantly looked behind her and had a guilty expression painted on her face. she quietly got up.

"Oh, Zach. Come and join us." My father nervously offered.

"Rachel." I whispered in shock. She looked down in embarrassment. "The fucking nerve." I said in disbelief. I wasn't even mad yet. I couldn't process it. "The fucking nerve." I repeated louder. I approached them with slow steps. "You still have the guts to show yourself in front of me huh?" I proceeded. "You know what you li-" I disgustedly started. Derek, however, cut in.

"Watch your words with my girlfriend, Zach." He said and stood between us. I harshly grabbed him by the collar and they all gasped.

"The one you stole, you son of a bitch!" I growled at him.

"Zach! Let go of him at once!" My father ordered. I looked at him disgusted.

"Of course! You knew he was bringing her didn't you?! Not once did Zach cross your minds huh!" I yelled with pure hate.

"Zach just let them be! He's serious about her! You know that!" My mother pleaded.

"And I wasn't?!" I roared in rage. Derek snatched my hand off of his shirt and shoved me back.

"Grow up." He said with disgust.

"You can have that bitch! As if I'd ever want someone that cheap!" I scoffed.

"Zach!" Derek yelled and charged at me. He threw a punch my way and I caught it just in time. I banged my head against his and he stumbled back. I gave him a punch in the stomach and he toppled over and fell onto the floor. Rachel and mom shrieked. They were frozen in shock with horrified expressions on their faces. Yet it all happened within a few seconds, so my dad didn't have time to intervene. I knelt down and put my face close to Derek's.

"You can have the company, my parents, and Rachel. Just know, If you ever cross my path again, I'll end you." I looked him straight in the eye. I slowly got up yet kept eye contact. "Rot in hell." I spat out in disgust. I then looked up at them. "All of you." I said with dangerous calmness. No one dared say a word as I walked out the house. I slammed the door behind me and saw Henry rush over. I walked away before he could catch up and I got in my car. I started the engine and made my way to Alex's house.

End of Zach's POV.