Chapter 16 - What Makes Me Passionate

Taehyung felt that he was floating on Cloud 9 after, what he would at least consider, a successful date with you in the hills outside of Seoul. He had such a good time, and even with his silly little slip-up, he was confident that you enjoyed yourself too. When he got home afterward, he lounged out on the couch and flipped on the television, his phone resting safely on his lap until you sent him that confirmation text that you had made it home safely. Once he did, he had Jimin on the phone for over an hour, gushing like a schoolgirl about his afternoon, and how happy he was. Saying it out loud only continued to fill him with happiness.

That happiness lasted into the night and right into the next day. Jungkook wanted to come over and paint, and Taehyung had no objections. As he waited in his kitchen for the knock at the door, alerting him of Jungkook's presence, Taehyung was whipping up a few sandwiches for the duo to eat at lunch.

"Hyung!" He heard faintly from behind the door. He lifted his head in the direction of the door, where a loud knock came following the voice.

"Yeah, hold on!" He shouted, setting the food on the table before heading to the door. When he flung it open, Jungkook was standing in his view, a bag slung over his shoulder, and a grin on his face. "Hey, Jungkook. Come in."

"I have some cool new things that I painted over the past few days that I want to show you, Hyung!" Taehyung looked over as Jungkook slid off his shoes and set his bag down on the coffee table, plopping down in front of it before starting to pull out a bunch of canvases of varying sizes. Taehyung felt as though he was looking at himself on Christmas, frantically opening presents with wide and curious eyes, even though Jungkook already knew exactly like he was going to pull out and show. When Taehyung walked over, plopping down on the couch and watching as Jungkook turned in his direction, handing him a few of the smaller canvases. "Which one do you like the best?"

When Taehyung spread the handful of canvases on the couch beside him as well as his lap, looking them over with focused eyes. The various canvases were practically like a rainbow, various colors lined up and spread around the canvases as a focal point for each. The red canvas resembled that of a rose, a hint of green poking out at the bottom as if the flower had just recently bloomed. The yellow resembled a daisy, bright and lively behind hints of a blue background. Purple resembled a stunning lilac, and as Taehyung's eyes landed on each new canvas, he continued to get the same theme: floral.

"These are nice. What made you choose to do a whole floral theme?" Taehyung's eyes lifted to see Jungkook and...what was that he noticed on Jungkook's cheeks? Red-tinted blush? Jungkook must have realized as well because he immediately turned away. "What's with the sudden red face?" He hummed.

"It's a long story, just answer the question of which one you like best, please." He begged, not turning back to look at his Hyung. Taehyung, already with a good idea of where this was going, looked back down at the pictures laid before him.

"Well..." Taehyung began. "I think my personal favorite is the lilac. But there's something to suggest that can be of good advice." Taehyung's explanation made Jungkook finally turn back around to face him. "But I'll only tell you if I get an explanation. I need some backstory to make a fair decision."

Jungkook sighed, offering only a pout in response. "Alright." He began. "One of the girls in my class...noticed me sketching during art." Taehyung rubbed his tongue against the inside of his cheek, an amused smile forming on his face. "So, she started talking to me a lot and said she thinks I'm talented. Usually, girls are pushy with me but like...she's pretty calm. She hasn't tried to flirt with me or anything. She just wants to talk about my art and it's nice."

"So, does that have a connection with the paintings on my lap?" A curious Taehyung asked.

"Yes," Jungkook said. "She said she's a really big fan of flowers. But she never really told me a specific one, she just kind of say she liked flowers. So, I made a whole bunch of flowers, and...I wanted to give her the best one." Taehyung smiled.