Five

Smile..... it's sunnah.

*****

Zahrah stared in awe at the mansion she just walked into.

'These people sure are loaded' she thought to herself.

Every nook and cranny of the house screamed elegance and perfection. It was modern, elequent yet it yad a cozy feel to it, must be the traditional ornaments hung on the walls, or the Kajiji scent that wafted in the air.  A smile etched it's way on Zahrah's face, the place already felt like home.

A girl who looked to be about her age graced her in a warm hug.

"Hey I'm Salma, I really love your abaya and your eyes, they have this spark in them. Are you wearing contact lenses? They really look good on you and they match your skin colour. Your eyebrows are so thick masha Allah, I'm sure you have long hair, can I...." her rambles were cut short by a middle aged woman who looked all too familiar to Zahrah, she recognized het at once to be her Aunt Amine her late mother's best friend, who she's only met in pictures.

"Oh Salmaaaa, allow her to answer at least one question mana, You must be Zahrah right? Masha Allah you've come grown here habibty" Aunt Amine opened her arms for a hug. Zahrah immediately eased herself into Aunt Amine's small frame.

"Good evening aunt Amine" Zahrah greeted, the smile never leaving her face, though they can't see it.

After some pleasantries, Aunt Amine ushered them to a lavishly furnished living room. It had neutral coloured walls and a modern set of Turkish furniture.

There, they sat and did some introductions. Salma and Zahrah immediately clicked. Salma was a sweet tongued  chatterbox while Zahrah was more reserved and a great listener. She felt Salma and Nai'a will surely make a great duo. Ammiey, who Zahrah called Aunt Amine was glad her daughter clicked in good with Zahrah. She had to excuse herself to the kitchen to shed a few tears, Zahrah carried herself with the same poise and charisma her mother had, and even Zahrah's voice sounded like late Sarah's .

Samha tried all she could to chip into their convo but Salma always had a sassy remark that set her recoiling and she spent the few minutes before Isha prayers tapping on her iPhone5s, flaunting it away in the process, it didn't go unnoticed by Zahrah but she didn't care as that was not the first time Samha showed off her assets in public.

Unknown to Zahrah, Salma also saw Samha's little show off. So she excused herself and went to her room, and brought her brandnew iPhone6. Samha's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she  saw the phone in Salma's hand. Salma gave her a smirk to which Samha rolled her eyes. Zahrah let out a low chuckle,  no words were said but Samha surely was put in her place.

Salma took the girls to her room to pray while Aunt Amine and Hajji prayed together with their husbands at the palour.

On entering the room, Zahrah was stunned, it was so neat and beautiful, unlike her own jumbled mess of a sleeping place.

"Wow I love your room, it's so neat" she said and sat on a stool. Admiring the stacks of books on the wall to  wall shelf that took the entire left side of the moderate sized room.

"Thank you, the bathroom is this way"  Salma said opening a door.

Samha just looked around in envy, taking notes of the materialistic items she'll demand from her mother when they get back home, you see Samha is like the Adult version of an overpampered baby.

She sat on a stool  and turned her nose up.

Zahrah came out of the bathroom, with her niqab in place and that bewildered Salma.