Chapter 58

Isa's leg didn't stop bouncing the entire drive, even when Nik took her hand. She was going to see her baby, her Hope. It didn't seem real. If she stopped moving, this all might fade away and prove to be a dream. Though, when Nik explained why there were currently driving into the neighbouring state, it sufficiently cracked holes in her dreamscape. Elijah was still suffering some side effects from Esther's torture and he'd massacred an entire diner full of people in the name of protecting Hope.

Nik had loosed a breath of relief at the discovery that the wolves would soon be aligned with them under Julian's rule. Marcel was minding Finn while Kol and Davina attempted to restore Kol's burned body again. Nadia had been given a bag of Elena's blood and a vial of Nik's to turn Julian into a hybrid. She was tasked with teaching Julian the basics of vamping until Nik came back and could give him the 101 on everything hybrid. Katherine, in the meantime, was reading up on psychology in an attempt to help her fiancé overcome his mental torture.

But right now, none of that mattered. Their city could've burned to the ground but she wouldn't have cared. She wouldn't have given a damn because she could feel her daughter and it was as if her daughter could feel her because Hope's happiness seemed to grow with every mile closer they got.

Her heart had stopped dead in her chest as the house came into view. It was white wood, much like the plantation house, and standing out the front was Elijah and Rebekah and in Elijah's hands...

Nik had barely stopped the car before Isa jumped out, the door still open as she ran at a human pace towards her child. She stopped a few metres from Elijah as she breathed, taking in her daughter. She'd grown so big. She'd been dressed in leggings a floral skirt and a pink sweater, matching socks on her feet. But those eyes. Those eyes, which were the mirror image of her father's, were still the same. Those bright blue eyes that seemed to grow brighter at the sight of her mother and father.

The slow steps that Isa took forward seemed like a thousand miles as she stared at her little Hope. Tears of pure joy lined Isa's eyes as Elijah came closer, handing Hope over as Isa took her into her arms. Her tears fell but she didn't feel them as she smiled, her eyes closed as she tried to imprint the feeling of holding her daughter in her brain forever. Her lips kissed Hope's head before she turned, looking from her daughter to her husband who'd stopped dead in his tracks a few paces in front of her as both his girls smiled at him.

His own eyes seemed to line with tears, not believing the sight in front of him, his wife holding his child. Isa was still smiling as she gently pressed her lips to Hope's head, walking towards Nik who held Hope so gently as if she'd break with the faintest touch. His first tear fell when Hope gurgled as she smiled a toothless smile at her father, Isa still holding onto one of her little hands.
He'd imagined this moment over a thousand times, and nothing compared to it right now. Nik broke into a smile as he wrapped his arm around Isa, content to stay that way forever with his wife and daughter in his arms, as he pressed a kiss to both their foreheads. They were together again.

*****************************************************************

Nik, Elijah, and Rebekah were outside as Nik informed his siblings of the supposed curse on Mikaelson firstborns, while Rebekah built a bonfire, and they discussed the validity of Finn's fairytale.

"No one is going to hurt Hope because no one is going to find her," Nik declared, putting an end to the debate. He then turned to his sister and said, "That's enough firewood, Rebekah. Unless you want to burn down the entire bloody state of Arkansas."

Rebekah rolled her eyes at him but smiled as she rubbed her hands together and said, "We're just missing a key ingredient."

"No, we're not," Nik shot down, already knowing what his sister meant. He didn't want to wish because it only made him think of all the things he wanted but could never have.