Chapter 6: Thrawn's Theory!

"Ten Skywalkers!" Ar'alani said angrily to Thrawn. Ezra had never seen her angry, at least not with him or anyone in his battlegroup. "You have allowed our enemies in this conflict to walk away with TEN SKYWALKERS!?" she demanded. Thrawn nodded. "Yes Admiral, with every intention of getting them back" he said. Ezra spoke up. "What possibly went through your head that suggested this could even be a good idea!?" he demanded. "My desire to test a theory" he said. "One that will allow us to predict future Grysk targets of invasion." Ar'alani and Ezra traded a look. It was clear neither of them was amused. "What kind of theory is worth endangering ten Skywalkers!?" Ar'alani demanded. "They will be easy enough to find..." Thrawn said. Ezra stood up and shoved everything off of his desk, his face full of divine fury. "I DON'T WANT YOUR EXCUSES OR YOUR ARROGANCE SAYING EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE BECAUSE OF YOUR PRE-PLANNING! I WANT YOU TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WE'RE ASKING RIGHT NOW! IS THAT CLEAR!?" he yelled. "Now..." Ezra seethed. "Why did you let the Grysk take the Skywalkers!?" Thrawn didn't answer straight away, and Ezra had considered reach out with the force, crushing his throat slowly. He decided not to, even though the temptation was overpowering. "Because I know that you, Ahsoka Tano, your Rakata friend... and my niece whom you have been training to be a Jedi in secret can find them!" he said. Ar'alani turned her holographic gaze to Ezra. "Is that true?" she asked. Ezra nodded. "I offered to, but she was not forced into the decision" he said. Ar'alani nodded accepting the explanation. "How do you know we'd be able to find them?" Ezra demanded. Thrawn smiled. "Because all four of you together will be able to sense them!" he said. "What is your theory Thrawn? it had better be a good one or I am sure you will find yourself on trial... again!" Ar'alani said. "That the reason the Grysk have gone to war with us is because of the Skywalkers" he said. "It always has been. They want the Skywalkers, maybe to study, maybe to just simply use them to navigate, I don't know. They are the key to this war however!" "How have you arrived at this conclusion?" asked Ar'alani. "The attack on Oolrund. The Grysk invaded with the intention of taking the Skywalkers, but they failed. Attacks on the other two worlds at the time was a diversion. I came to this conclusion as they boarded our ships with sizeable forces when they were attacking above Sarvchi. They had to target our ships because we had already sent the Skywalkers into hiding" Thrawn explained. Ar'alani nodded. "So what? You let them take ten of our skywalkers and think that because you offer all of that all is forgiven!?" Ezra demanded. "Like I said... at least one of you will be able to find them, and we can disrupt the Grysk's base in this sector and buy us time!" Thrawn said. Ezra had reached his limit. "Get out" he said quietly. Thrawn just smiled. Ezra didn't care. He grasped the Chiss by the throat with the force, squeezing it. Thrawn was stuttering and gasping for air, and for what seemed to be the first time Ezra saw visible terror in his eyes. He let Thrawn's fear drive as he used the force to open the door that led out of his office, squeezed Thrawn's throat a little tighter just to see his eyes bulge. Finally, he dropped Thrawn at the entrance. "Like I said, get out!" he said. Ezra watched Thrawn stand and leave with as much dignity as he could carry. It was barely noticeable, but Ezra could sense the fear coming off of the Chiss as he made his way back to his desk. "We need to get the skywalkers back" he said, now calm again. If Ar'alani had something to say about what Ezra had just done, she didn't say it. "You are correct, but how? You would no doubt be outnumbered..." she said. Ezra shrugged. "In terms of numbers, yes, in terms of skill, I'm not sure. I think we'd have a good chance of getting them all back, and dealing a blow to the Grysk at the same time!" he said. Ar'alani considered his words for a few moments. "Such a mission would be difficult, and your battlegroup would not be at full strength" she pointed out. Ezra nodded. "I know, but given Thrawn has just given the enemy what they want, I don't think we have much choice..." he replied. Ar'alani nodded. "How? By attacking their base or stealth?" she asked. Ezra shrugged. "An attack would be quicker, but they'd run the chance of getting away. If we had tech that could create an interdiction field and prevent them from jumping away" Ezra replied. "We don't possess any such technology. Thrawn typically destroys the Grysk equipment as soon as he can" Ar'alani explained. "That much I understand, what about Grysk clients? Any chance they would be trusted with this kind of tech?" Ezra asked, considering the options he had. "Not without close supervision" Ar'alani said. Ezra sighed. "Looks like we might need to let ourselves get captured and do a breakout..." he said. Ar'alani considered the option. "So who would you have go in with you?" she asked. Ezra considered. "Ahsoka Tano, Colonel Rex, Munro, Eli Vanto and Thrana at least, I'll also take some soldiers so we can get captured. All we'll need is my battlegroup to get us out" he said. Ar'alani nodded. "With Thrawn being in command I assume?" she asked. Ezra nodded. "I'll deal with him when I get back" he said. Ar'alani nodded. "Well, like I said, you are the highest-ranking member of our forces in your sector, so the decision is yours" she said. Ezra nodded. "What do you think of Thrawn's theory?" he asked. "I think that it has some validity, but we won't find out now, just get our Skywalkers back, and send them to Lehon" she said. Ezra nodded. "As ordered" he said, and the transmission ended. He sat back, and started to think about how to rescue the Skywalkers.