Chapter 3

She gasps in horror although what else could even begin to explain this? She drops down in front of him trying to untie his legs.

"I'm so so sorry, I don't know anything about this, I honestly had no idea." She struggles with the ropes, they are tied so tightly.

"For fucks sake untie my hands first!" he barks at her, scaring her. Tears start to flow freely down her cheeks and she moves behind him to fight with the knots binding his hands, his wrists are red from the friction.

"I swear to you I have nothing to do with this," she tries again to explain. He turns his head over his shoulder.

"Then what was that about your wish coming true?!" he asks, not believing her.

"I just work with her, she works across from me, I don't, I don't know why she would do this, I don't even know how she would do this!" she pleads as she manages to free one hand. As the rope comes loose it falls from his other hand.

He immediately reaches to untie his legs as she steps back away from him, standing behind him against the wall. She's afraid to look at him but she can't look away as he jumps up and rushes the door. He tugs at the handle forcefully and then throws his body, shoulder first, against the steel of the door, barely moving it in its frame.

"Shit!" he yells out, rubbing his shoulder in pain. He turns to look at her, more dangerous now freed, and his look frightens her. He rushes toward her as she turns away terrified but he grabs the chair he had been sat on and violently smashes it against the door handle, letting it crumble into a dozen pieces at the base of the door.

His outburst makes her scream and she presses herself against the back wall as far as she can, trying to disappear into the wall and be out of this room, away from him. She rolls her face away, trying to hide from his eyes as she starts sobbing uncontrollably. This is the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to her. Clearly Chloe is insane and whoever her accomplice is, he could be capable of anything, and who knows what Taehyung is capable of in his rage. The tears flow freely as she hugs the wall, pressing her face against the cold cement.

He pants heavily, staring back at her, as she hides from him, avoiding his gaze and he realize that she is obviously very shaken. He recognizes honest fear as her body cowers away from him, trying her hardest to get small. He suddenly realizes she might be just as much a victim in this as he is. He steps up to Isabel cautiously.

"Hey, stop crying," he says without much compassion. "We need to figure out what's going on and how to get out of here." He watches her as she tries unsuccessfully to wipe away the tears. She shakes her head.

"She said she wouldn't be back for 12 hours." She sniffles wondering what time it is now, how long she's already been here.

"Ok, tell me right now, everything that you know about this." He reaches out and touches her arm to pull her closer. She flinches and pulls back unsure of his intentions and it startles him. "Hey, it's ok, calm down," he says in a gentler voice. It sounds much more like the voice she is accustomed to hearing from him. She looks up to meet his eyes, hers red from crying, and his softening to her.

"I got a text from a girl I work with, Chloe, and she said to meet her here." She indicates the room. "I didn't know what was going on, a man I've never seen opened the door to let me in."

"He's the one who grabbed me outside my car." He listens as she continues.

"He brought me into a room and locked the door and then Chloe came out and said something about a Christmas wish and led me in here. Then she locked the door."

"A Christmas wish? What does that mean?" He stares at her confused. She is flushed with embarrassment that she now has to admit this and say these words to him.

"Today at work we were teasing each other and she asked me what I would want if I had one wish." She swallows hard. He waits for her to continue. She tries to avoid saying anymore.

"And your one wish was to be locked in a dirty smelly warehouse overnight?!" He's incredulous. She bites her lip and she looks up at him, his face is beautiful even though he's still angry.

"I-I said my wish was to spend one perfect night, with you." She drops her head feeling ashamed for saying it out loud now realizing that whatever has happened, she is somehow the cause.

He chuckles at the absurdity, but finds none of this amusing. "You didn't tell her to kidnap me and bring me to an abandoned warehouse?"

She looks up horrified at the idea. "Certainly not!"

"Where did you think you were going?"

"I didn't know, she's never invited me out before I've only known her a few months. I thought because we were both alone on Christmas Eve that she might want to go to a club or something."

He sits down on the floor, and puts his head in his hands. "Is she dangerous?"

Isabel sits across from him, keeping a respectful distance and struggling in her tight work skirt to sit gracefully. "I wouldn't have thought so. I wouldn't have thought anyone was capable of this. But I don't believe she will hurt us."

"You sure?" He looks up at her.

"I don't know about the man, I don't know him, but I think she's ok, I mean, obviously clinically insane, but I think we are safe. She told me when she took my things away that I would be safe."

"So she has your phone? And you don't have anything on you that can call out? No Apple Watch?" She shakes her head 'no'. "I don't have anything either, my bag is still in my car. He jumped me as I got out and threw me into the back of a van."

"Oh my god, you must have been so scared!" She feels horrible for him.

"It wasn't my most comfortable experience, no. So what happens at the end of the 12 hours?" he asks. She looks up at him, her face full of sadness and regret, tears returning.

"It will be Christmas, and, hopefully, she will come back and let us out." She pouts. "I'm so sorry you are missing your Christmas Eve. I wouldn't have caused you pain for anything in the world." Her head drops in shame again. He reaches out and lifts her chin, forcing her tear stained cheeks to rise and her eyes to meet his.

"I believe you Isabel."