✧ chapter one ✧

quick author's note: we are taking the setting back to the fall of 2020, and COVID-19 simply does not exist in this lol. enjoy! :)

Letting out a deep breath, I dragged my two suitcases that now carried what was left of my New Jersey life behind me. As I glanced around LAX, I was finally able to allow myself to take everything in. After months of saving money from various jobs and brand deals, creating Pinterest boards, and working my ass off to get my high school diploma, I was finally here -- and truthfully, I couldn't be happier.

I was well aware that a majority of my former classmates were heading off to various universities scattered across the country, getting ready to study for degrees and pursue careers -- most of which they didn't even enjoy -- for the rest of their lives. Because of this, I couldn't feel more blessed for the opportunities I have been granted, all thanks to my millions of fans.

Finally making it outside of Terminal C, I quickly pulled out my phone and sent a text to my soon-to-be roommates (and already best friends) Liya and Maddy.

As I walked out of Terminal C, I pulled out my phone and decided to text my soon-to-be roommates — and already best friends — Liya and Maddy.

After reading the final text message, I immediately looked up as I was practically tackled to the ground by a beaming Liya. I hear a subtle shutter of a camera before Maddy joined the group hug. I don't think I have ever been happier than I was in this moment.

♫.*・。゚✿

After our initial reunion, we decided to make a quick stop at a mini Dunkin' in the airport to get some coffee and donuts — after all, it was only five a.m. Now that we were finally in the car and on our way to home sweet home, I unlocked my phone to let my family and fans know that I had arrived safely. However, to my surprise, my phone had been full of Instagram notifications. Clicking on one of them, I was greeted by a picture that Maddy must have taken when I first saw Liya — it explained the shuttering noise that I had heard, at least.

I smiled as I scrolled through some of the comments, stopping to like only a few of them

I smiled as I scrolled through some of the comments, stopping to like only a few of them. However, there was one posted by a certain Jordan Huxhold that confused me a bit.

"Hey Mads, are you and Goldie gonna hang out at the apartment tonight? You know I'd love to see him today, but I'm already kinda tired." I heard Maddy let out a bit of a snort at the nickname I had for her boyfriend before she responded, "You might want to shake that tiredness off, babe. We're throwing you a 'Welcome to LA' party tonight!"

Oh shit.

♫.*・。゚✿

authors note: thanks for reading chapter 1 shawtybaes. also why are tiktokroom & instagram bots so aggy LOL. anyway fun fact -- actually really really sad fact -- I had to rewrite this entire thing bc i actually had this done in like december but i deleted it for some reason. 😫 anyway i'm so excited for this journey bc the tea i have for y'all is just.👩‍🍳🤌❤️ anyway i'll see y'all in chapter 2!