A day at the cafe

Rose POV

"wake up rose" Hanuel said. "Come on we are getting late do you want to lose your job". Shit I looked at the clock I am going to get late I quickly ran towards the bathroom and got ready. "lets go Hanuel lets hope we dont lose our job".

Hanuel and I reached the café a half an hour late thankfully boss wasn't here. I continued with my daily work making coffee and taking orders. Shit then I remembered that I forgot about the rent even though we split the apartment rent still it gets difficult for me to pay the rent. Hanuel works two job to pay that rent I think I have to find another job before I become homeless again. I thought I would ask boss for a bonus or to loan me some money to pay the rent, but it seems like boss is not here I have to figure out something else.

"Rose stop dreaming and take order from that table", she pointed at a table where a bunch of people around my age were sitting its so irritating to take their order they cant even decide what they want, I wonder would I have been the same If I had a family and some friends to hang out with.

But never mind when I walked to their table they were discussing about sandbox, oh no not again every kid in this city dreams about entering sandbox to become a CEO or to start a start-up. Its no joke I have heard competition makes people go crazy and do stupid stuff I even heard a guy comitted suicide,I wonder what happens in sandbox that makes people do all this. I never thought about entering sandbox as I didn't even go to school nor do I have a graduation degree, a person with zero talent I will just make fool out of my self and waste my time instead I could find another job and earn money to pay for the rent and food. But nonetheless these kids will come back and sit and cry all day thinking that they didn't get into sandbox, well what else do they expect not everyone is that lucky to get into sandbox.

After a lot of whining and discussion they finally ordered, I took their order and went to Hanuel, "what happened rose?" Hanuel looked at me with questioning eyes "just kids again dreaming about sandbox, why do they even try when they know they cant get into it! and then cry all day that they didn't get in, they knew that its hard to get in and even if you do there is a very slim chance to winning it".

Hanuel looked at me "Rose you know its not there over confidence but their determination to achieve something to do something big to create a company or be a part of it and help people". I looked at her with shock how can this woman be so optimistic all the time. Hanuel has always been the optimistic one where as I think the practical way, "instead of wasting their time into something that they won't get into why dont they just find a job and live like a normal person" I said.

"not everyone wants to live that way Rose, some want to make a change in the society, to help others, they want to be extraordinary no wants to live a life where you just keep running from job to home making the ends meet, dont you want to live in a lavish apartment, wear designer clothes, dont you want to sleep at night without worrying about the bills, dont you want that life" , Hanuel looked at me angrily.

Wow this woman is on her periods I guess I didnt expect such an outburst from her. "Yes I do but you know I cant afford that life I dont even have a degree" I said trying to win this battle "do you really think degree is what makes people stand out or do something extraordinary, look at you Rose a girl with no education but still after you came, you have taken the sales of the café to a new level you didnt even need a degree for that you just observed and learned". This women is not going to back down I think I can sense something, she is onto something .

"you dont even know yourself how good You are at marketing, or maybe you dont want to accept It".

"why wont I accept it If had such a skill" I defended myself. "because you are scared, you are so used to this life that you dont want to change, you think change will break you, you are living in a cocoon Rose, you dont want to face the world you just want to live in pity and blame others for your life Rose for god sake grow up and take responsibility of yourself". That was a bit harsh but i let it go I know she wants the best for me so I kept silent and let her speak.

"Rose listen to me you still have a chance dont let it go, find the missing piece of your life, I know you feel empty from inside this is not where you belong Rose, you need a life where you can live happily and find yourself a lover you are in need of one". I looked at her with a shocked expression, does she want to get rid of me then I thought I something.

"Hanuel first I am happy with this life and second I dont need a lover, I have you, you are my lover after all, I am never going to leave you alone babe" with that I laughed so hard

Hanuel looked and said, "oh please stop living in denial Rose and If you dont find a guy I will find it for you",Yeah well I love to see you fail I thought.