blackmail

After that the whole day went by. In the evening as I returned to my apartment, Hanuel was already gone for her next shift at the restaurant. 

I laid down on the bed as my thoughts went back to what Hanuel said earlier at the café about getting out of my comfort zone, should I apply at sandbox to try my luck but what if I fail, kids there come from wealthy families and with a degree which I have none.  

I don't want anybody finding out about my job at the café or being an orphan, I don’t belong there. I will just end up hurting myself. 

I snapped out of my thoughts. I think I heard the doorbell but who can it be, Hanuel shift ends at nine, it just eight right now if it's not Hanuel then is it a robber. Shit! I panicked and grabbed a bat and went to open the door ok here we go, god help me.  

As I opened the door, I was ready to hit the robber but the person shouted and then I realised the voice belonged to Hanuel. Hanuel stood there with a horrified expression on her face, “shit I am so sorry Hanuel I thought there was someone outside trying to rob us, your shift doesn’t get over yet and we don't have visitors so you know I panicked and the rest you know what happened”. 

Hanuel grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the couch, "sit Rose we need to talk” oh no I messed up again I thought to myself as Hanuel had a serious look on her face. 

“look Rose I think you really need to get out of this mini world of your which just include you and me, you need to go out and make new friends, hang out and do what makes you happy” I knew where she was taking this conversation to.   

“not again Hanuel we already discussed it before, I am not applying for sandbox” I stood up and was about to leave but Hanuel stopped me. She has this evil smirk on her face and that is not a good sign for me.  

“rose do you remember about the rent we were supposed to pay today?” she looked at me, “oh no I forgot Hanuel I am so sorry, I saved every penny from my salary but still it was less than the amount needed for the rent, I promise, I will pay you back I will find another job to earn enough for the rent" I rumbled.  now I feel like a total useless person, Hanuel had to pay the rent because I couldn't get my shit together. 

“rose I don't want the money back its okay” she said “but you have to do something for me in return” she added. 

What could she possibly want from me I thought to myself. “okay tell me what do you want I will do anything for you” I said. 

“Rose you have to sign up for sandbox” she said. wait! Did I hear it right, so this was her evil plan to make me feel guilty and then emotionally blackmail me into signing up for sandbox. Wow this woman never gives up.  

“I can't Hanuel, I don't belong there, I won't even survive a single day there" I said trying let go of this topic. But I know Hanuel won't let go of this easily. 

“rose I didn't ask for your opinion, this is your way of paying back rose and you can't say no to me” she looked so determined.  

I give up. Maybe making a fool of myself is better than losing a shelter and a friend. 

After that we spent all night applying for sandbox and making imaginary future plan. But for sure I knew and I felt it from inside I am signing up for a crazy adventure. As I was sailing without a map.